Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Battery Discharging Fast

lukeh

Oct 21, 2013
Hello,
I bought a tab 2 months ago, brand new. It worked super until two days ago.
I opened my tab and the battery meter showed 90%.
After 30 minutes of using the tab (only net browser) and the battery meter was on 15%.
Ok... I turned the screen of, then turn it on (after 20 minutes) and the battery meter was on 75%.
Same story, the battery was dropping fast 75-70-68-65% and so on.
Yesterday I charge the tab to 100%, then it dropped fast to 15% in only 20 minutes.
Can anyone tell me what to do?
Thanx!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello lukeh, congratulations on your Galaxy Tab and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

lukeh

Oct 21, 2013
Hello,
Now it is on 1% for 30 minutes... and it doesen't show sign of shuting down...
What the heck???

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It sounds as though your problem is the battery meter, not the battery. Try turning the tablet completely off by holding the power switch in until the screen goes dark or you get a menu that offers Power Off. Wait a couple minutes and then turn it back on.

If that doesn't fix it, just ignore the meter for a couple of cycles. Charge the tablet long enough to be sure it's full and then use it till it shuts itself off. If it's not working properly after you've done that a couple times, but you are getting decent battery life, try another meter.

Lots of free ones to choose from here: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=battery meter percentage&c=apps

lukeh

Oct 21, 2013
Thanx!
I've been to the store and they told me to charge it while it is off, then to discharge it slowly(only small apps), for 3 times.
If this won't work they suggested to give it back to repair/change the battery.
Until then I'll try a new battery metet.
Thanx again!

lukeh

Oct 21, 2013
So...
After the first full charge while tab was off, I turned on the tab and it dropped from 100% to 1% in just 1 hour, and the tab is still working... :)
I ran another factory reset and nothing happened.
Niiiiiice...

lukeh

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,
Just did the second charging, same story: from 100% to 1% in one hour and it's working.
Won't do the 3rd charge... going straight to the store.
Thanx gyus!

kregalado

Apr 7, 2014
Same here... I tried turning off sync on all the exchange apps(email, facebook, etc.) and still I have no results, but a couple of weeks ago, I took a trip over to rural (means no wifi or clean water lol) oklahoma to visit some family. On my way over there I utilized the various ports in the rental car I picked up. I used an adapter that allowed me to plug in my house charger into the car since, obviously, I dont have a car charger. Apparently, the rental was some sort of witch doctor, curing my tab of quick drain. The charge lasted for days and continued to go strong in the high 80%. All seemed fine, especially when I charged with a regular outlet in good ol oklahoma. When I returned home, however, I decided to plug in and charge my device to fill up the empty 20% or so and my device ended up on going back to its old ways. 100% one second, then my battery seeing yellow within 5-10mins. When i first got my tab3, it held out for days, if not weeks, before i had to plug in. I haven't the slightest clue what is going on, but I want my device back! Please help!!!

harasahas

Sep 16, 2014
Hi Guys,

I've experienced this already twice, my unit (SM-T210) was 1 year old now, the first what I did was soft and hard reset but nothing happen, then I decide to bring it to the service center since it was still on warranty. After a few days they call me that my unit is ready for pick up. I ask what was the findings they said they replace the "IF connector" the charging port of the unit. Their recommendation was not use the unit while charging. The last one had happen a week ago, I did nothing to the unit, I brought it straight to the service center. What they did was they reformat my unit then became normal again.