"Games" shortcut issue????

Aug 8, 2010
On my home screen I use the "games" shortcut as a way to quickly access all my game apps. Anyway, tonight I updated my Angry Birds Rio app and something kinda wierd happened. The icon for Rio disappeared from the "Games" screen, and it left an open space on the screen where it used to be. I then tapped the + to add the icon back and the Iconia placed it over top of another game's icon. I just wanted to know if this has been discussed elsewhere. Has anyone else had this issue? Any way to keep this from happening again?

romhad

Jun 28, 2011
The second part is weird (the icon getting placed on top of another one). But the first part--is this the first time this happened to you? I find that every time I update a game, the icon disappears from the games shortcut and leaves an empty space. The same thing happens every time I update one of my reading apps--the icons vanish from the ereading shortcut where I keep them. It's really frustrating to have to remember to put them back manually after every freaking update. Are other people getting this issue too? Is there a fix?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I just reserve one of my screens for games Icons and forget about that games container. Its just one more layer of un-reliability.
Folder support will probably show up in 3.2 or 3.4, and in the mean time I've had nothing but problems with those things.

Aug 8, 2010
This had happened in more than one instance. I thought maybe it was a one-time, odd occurance..... It is kinda weird. I think for now I'll just takes Icebike's advice and go that route and hope that a future update corrects the issue.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I have a games screen on my desktop as well. Much easier and faster.
Going through that "games" thing is just using more system resources to do a very basic task.

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I use Smart Shortcuts (free on the market) on both my tablet and my phone. It lets you categorize all your shortcuts as to type. Then you can put a Smart Shortcuts widget on your desktop that contains all the shortcuts in that category. By using it, I have one screen that has stuff on it on my tablet. All others are blank. You can also do a bookmarks widget that has web bookmarks in it.

On my phone, I have contact widgets that are great...I have one for family, one for friends, and one for co-workers...it makes nice short lists that in some cases remove the necessity for scrolling through many names to get to the one you want.

All in all a GREAT program for the price!

Aug 8, 2010
Wolf - I like the sound of that. I'm gonna have to look into that for my tablet and try it on my Thunderbolt. Thanks for the tip.

kapinossa

Jul 25, 2011
Mine started doing the same stacking after I did my first game update. Trying to unstack the short cuts leads to the screen freezes. This makes this feature worthless. I have not found a way to unstack.

romhad

Jun 28, 2011
Mine has always deleted icons from the folders when a program was updated (which is annoying, since something gets updated almost daily), but now I have the stacking issue as well--it seems to be a result of the 3.1 update, since I first got it the day after the update (don't you love when updates "fix" things by making them worse?). I can unstack them--just press on the icon and drag it to its original space. But this is obviously all a huge pain. I don't want to use separate screens--that seems annoying. So maybe I'll go with Wolf's idea. It would obviously be nicer if Acer just fixed this issue...

kapinossa

Jul 25, 2011
My workaround is to delete all the games shortcuts and then put them backin and now all is ok until another game update is installed.

romhad

Jun 28, 2011
Ah-this is new! I got an update today, and after the update I can't open the Games or the eReading folders at all: when I try to open them, I get a note that something or other has crashed and have to force close. Every time (I've tried rebooting). So I guess I'm replacing these with folders. And I think from now on I'm going to decline every helpful update Acer sends. So far, I've gotten three since I bought the thing in June, and each one has made it worse. That's a pretty impressive track record.