Geotagging Photos

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to use the geotagging feature of the stock camera application? I can't find anything on the Internet that explains how you can use the information.

But, AFAIK, you turn it on by tapping the circle near the shutter button, which displays the options "arc," tap the options icon, then tap the location icon (upside-down raindrop.)

BTW- during research, I found some apps on Google Play called Nexus 7 Camera (or Video, or Panorama.) Those are just launchers for the different camera modes you can get using the camera app, if you know how to switch modes between camera, video, and panorama. So with the latest Android updates, you won't need any of them.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I think I have it figured out...

Certain applications, like Gallery or F-Stop, have an item in the options menu called Show on map" which launches Google Maps or a GPS navigation/mapping app, and you will see a flag or dot at that location. I will suppose other apps, like travel journals, will be able to do that also, in time, so now you have several ways to add geotagging to photos without a special-purpose application.

So-
If you do have any travel-related apps with geotagging for photos & videos, contact the developer to inform him of this new Android 4.4 feature, so they can update things. Those apps should be able to import or include photos taken with the Camera app into the travel journal.