German NEXOC PAD 7 = EGOMAN MID ?? Rk2808

ANDRUIDE

Jan 15, 2011
Anyone knows EGOMAN.COM.CN MID/ PAD/ TABLETS ?

Hi,
i am from Germany and have bought NEXOC PAD 7.
it looks exactly like your MID 7-
but NEXOC has no HDMI.
NEXOC DATA SHEET:
Display: 17,8 cm (7") 800x480 pixels WVGA TFT Display,
Resistive Touch Screen
Chipset: : Rockchip 2808 (= ARM926EJ-S rev
2 Sensors: 1.EGOMAN 2-AXIS ACCELEOMETER V 1, 3.0 mA
2. EGOMAN Orientation

WiFI/WLAN: 802.11 b/g

1x USB 2.0, 1x miniUSB 2.0, 1xHeadset/1x Mikrofon,--
SD Memory Card up to 16 GB
Battery: 4.000mAh Li-Polymer 5V
AC Adapter: 100-240V AC ;
- G-Sensor
- Android Market, Internet Browser,
- Videos:MKV, MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, FLV, RM, RMVB, H.264
- AUDIO: MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, FLAC, AAC, OGG
- Video-Dekoder HD 720P
- PHOTO/PICs: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
- build in Loudspeaker
- Built-In Flash Speicher 4GB
- USB 2.0 High Speed
The design is exactly like your MID 7 (HDMI etc)
FIRMWARE Android, 1.5.1,KernelVersion: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)
Buildnumber RK-1.3.3.eng.MID.20100917.125110
---
It seems it has been build by EGOMAN.
---
My Questions:
Can you provide me with software and manuals
how to get a ROOT status fpr my PAD?
how to make a firmware flash or Custom ´flash? So i nedd FlashTool from you..
Can you help me ?
Thank you in advance
regards

ANDRUIDE

Jan 15, 2011

daybyter

Feb 25, 2011
Hi!

Anyone here with this pad?

I'd like to create some update image, but need a bootloader now. I managed to get shell root and dumped the kernel and system partition.

Anyone interested in contributing?

Ciao,
Andreas

blewittj

Mar 25, 2011
Andreas - I am new to the Forum and I am not a developer, so I don't think I can help you very much - but, I'll try. Are you looking for a PC App to load firmware? If so, I may have an app I can send to you, but I am actually trying to figure out how to use it. The UI is not in English. Joe

daybyter

Feb 25, 2011
Hi!

Thanks for your offer! But the flashing app is not my main problem at the moment (I have the leaked RK2808 packaging app). I have a pad with an empty backup partition and the vendor never released any firmware AFAIK (just asked for the support for an image). So the only way to flash anything on the pad so far, is to create an image. I can dump the system partition and the kernel partition, but don't have a bootloader yet, that might work for this pad. Maybe something for an aPad might work, but it would be great to have someone with more knowledge.

Ciao,
Andreas

daybyter

Feb 25, 2011
I have adb shell root status now and was able to dump the system and kernel partitions. The backup partition is empty, though. I asked the nexoc support for help (an image of the current firmware would help), but don't have high hopes. Xaueious has helped me a lot so far, but to create a new image, we need a bootloader that works on the device. Not so easy...http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/members/xaueious.html

schrisis

Apr 11, 2011
Hello to all,

i am new here and i am trying to get root rights to my Nexoc PAD 7. I have tried z4root, but it doesn't work. I can't install it. Could someone give me a hint or an instruction how to get root rights to my pad?

Thanks,
schrisis

daybyter

Feb 25, 2011
You can only get adb shell root via superoneclick. That's enough to dump the partitions, but the backup partition is empty. I got me Xaueious batch1 firmware for bricked batch1 apad's. Maybe it could be used to create a new image.

eka

Feb 22, 2011
Hi,
I found this:uploaded.to - where your files have to be uploaded to
in Tabletclub.de forum.But I not understand german and thats why reading this with googletranslate.
So,my question is: Does someone try this update and what is improved in it?Is this fully functional or something is not right?And at last can we rollback to factory firmware if something is gone wrong?
Any other info is helpful.Thanks.

daybyter

Feb 25, 2011
This is not an update. It should be an image with the original functionality created from a leaked Egoman image. The Egoman image had a different kernel which caused problems with the touchscreen, so David replaced the kernel with the original Nexoc kernel. It's just meant a fallback in case, you have flashed an image, that does not work. David also has some other Android versions running, but the touchscreen does not work yet. I'm trying to add some RK28 functionality to the current Linux kernel, but maybe it's easier, if we just start with the Archos 2.6.25 kernel and try to get that running on the nexoc pad.

eka

Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for the quick replay.I decided to try what will happen if I make "Local update" from Settings-->About MID.....after renaming of file to "update.img", was found update version 1.0.1 that will replace 1.0.1 I canceled this and remain to original version.Please share whats going on in Tabletclub.de here.

daybyter

Feb 25, 2011
Android 2.2 and 2.3 were running, but there are problems with the touchscreen. I compiled an Archos 7 kernel as a test now, created a VirtualBox image with Debian 6, arm-cross-compiler and several kernel sources for rk28 tablets. I'm compressing it at the moment and will upload it to a server to share it with developers (especially with David, so he can fix the touchscreen problems). The idea is, that a developer doesn't have to download all the required stuff from various sources, but just downloads the image, starts it and can contribute. Problem is, that the image is about 8GB at the moment, so compressing and uploading takes it's time... :-(

eka

Feb 22, 2011
I found Froyo and Gingerburd updates.Do they work well?I'v read some posts,they can't be installed.What's going on?I haven't try them yet.Is it possible to go back to factory firmware.
Thanks for doing this for us!