GetJar Market Place

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Just posting for those who are still running their tablets stock. I have been able to use the applib market since Monday 11/7/2011. Previously using a gingerbread rom the appslib market would error out and say unrecognised device.

on another note...looks like Coby is moving away from Applib and using GetJar for apps on their brand of tablets. The following information is posted on their site:

How do I install GetJar App Marketplace?
ALL of Coby's Kyros user can easily install GetJar App Marketplace.

1. Using the tablet's browser enter: www.cobyusa.com/getjar-apk

2. In the top notifications bar, a user will notice download arrow. Slide the notifications bar down and click the notification.

3. If you miss the notification, go to Downloads, which may be found in the applications. Then click GetJar APK.

4. On the next GetJar install screen click install. When complete click Done. Then go to your applications and click the large "G" GetJar logo.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
From what i understand,it is a licensing issue with the market. Specific apps to connect to most web sites are still on the market, so you really need the market to have an effective unit.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I'm not rooted either and I have the big three. GetJar came with my unit, but I had to add the Market (which took a little doing), and Amazon Apps.

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
This is a awesome market app, and it has a copy of Go Launcher EX and the Android Market Has it but will not allow the install of Go Launcher. Long story made short, I installed GETJAR and then Go Launcher EX, best interface for the 7022 that i have found so far, so if getting Go Launcher is all you do its worth it!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It looks good indeed, but I think it's bloated (uses too much memory, etc). ADW is slimmer but doesn't look that good. I personally prefer Nemus.