Getting a Archos 101 soon, what else do I need?

Edward222

Nov 19, 2010
Hi, I ordered a Archos 101 tablet 16 GB and should be getting it for Christmas.

What else do I need with it? I want a 32 GB memory card, what kind and type should I buy? I believe it is the tiny one (micro) what about the class? What does that even mean? I see class 1-4. Which is better, which will work with the 101 tablet? Where could I buy a cheap 32 GB card?

Does anyone have a carrying case or safe way to transport it? I read someplace where somone has already cracked his screen by carrying the power charger together with his tablet. I don't want that to happen.

What else might I need to get prior to opening the Tablet on christmas day?

Thank you for your help and ideas.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You will likely not find a large capacity MicroSD of a class less than 4, and you will likely not find any Class 10 either. The class is the read and write transfer speed and capability. The lower the class, the slower, Class 10 is currently the highest and usually only needed on a DSLR, but will work quite well on a Tablet. The base size is an 8Gb. but a microSD 32 are very very expensive for the price. You could buy as many as 7-10 8Gb MicroSD Cards for 1 32Gb MicroSD. Just think what will be your primary use and decide upon that.

There are not a lot of cases yet for the 101,If you are looking for a similar size case, Look at the Cases for the Samsung Q1 PC tablet or the small ASUS Netbook case. Although the Archos is much thinner, the Soft cases would fit well. The this would give you room for a small USB mouse or even Keyboard. I have found these extremely handy when want to be more input productive. The screen Keyboard and touch are good, but I miss a Keyboard at times. There are many small to Micro keyboards.

I do not worry about the charger, Thus far, it has a long enough battery life for me not to worry. If I needed it and traveling, I would pack the charger.

Edward222

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks Soopa83, I do like the case and keyboard built in. But I noticed that it has a mini USB and the Archos 101 has a Full size USB host conection.

Soopa83

Oct 21, 2010
the keyboard case itself has a full size usb cable - euogo just includes a full size usb to mini usb adapter. i'll post a pic.

i had to get a usb to micro usb adapter for the archos 70.

Last edited:

Soopa83

Oct 21, 2010
soopa83-albums-archos-70-picture455-keyboard-case.jpg

taken using the 0.3mp archos camera

Kahoolie

Oct 21, 2010
Soopa83, thanks for the Info. One question: how much does it weigh? One of the reasons I went to a tablet was that I didn't want to put up with my laptop's weight. My briefcase is >20 lb w/o any computer, and it's a pain (literally) running thru an airport with it.

John-Burirum

Oct 15, 2010
@Soopa83 Thank you very much but I'm not sure this case and keyboard built in will fit with Archos 101

Do you have any idea? suggest me please :)

Soopa83

Oct 21, 2010
the 7" keyboard case feels just slightly less heavy than the archos 70 itself, which is listed as 11oz. i'd say the tablet/case combo is less than 1.5lbs. and the prongs that hold the tablet in place are metal and can be bent in a little more to provide a snug grip - so the case can safely be held like a book. the strap and case leg have magnets that hold them in place when the case is folded. and the keys have a nice snap to them - but they're quite small (there's a stylus included though).

as far as the fit for the archos 101 (270x150x12mm) - the keyboard case (283x195mm) is listed as compatible with the flytouch 2 (271x171x11mm), the haipad m1001 (264x166x14.8mm) and the zenithink zt-180 (278x185x15mm), and the prongs that hold the tablet in place on the 7" keyboard case each have about a 3/4" reach for a solid grip on the tablet. if they're the same on the 10" case, there shouldn't be a problem.

(eta: the size & weight - 283x195x39mm, 538g listed for the 7" keyboard case on euogo are for the 10")

Last edited: