Getting Coby Kyros 7022 to recognize mouse

BluePriest

Aug 16, 2011
My mouse use to work for my Kyros mid 7022. That was when I had it rooted and everything. Well, the touchscreen stopped working, so I thought that the root might be the problem and did a factory reset. Now my mouse isnt recognized by it and the scren still doesnt. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the mouse to be recognized?

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
The mini-USB can provide limited current. I found that wireless mice that use a 2.4 GHz dongle tend to be more reliable, since the USB port doesn't have to power the mouse. Keyboards also show similar behavior. I am running stock Android 2.3.3 on both an 8125 and 1126. Neither has been rooted (yet.)

I succeeded (intermittently) getting one of the keyboard cases AND a wireless mouse to work simultaneously with a USB hub. The 4-to-1 that hub looks like a half octopus works most of the time with my Kyros 8125 and less of the time with my 1126. The solution is to use an externally powered USB hub, which works consistently well.

One thing you may note with these USB keyboards is they don't map perfectly under Android 2.3. The caps, num and scroll lock LED's do not work and the DEL key works like a backspace. If the keyboard is connected to a conventional PC or to a different tablet running Android 3.2, these functions work properly.

Still, it makes for easy communications to take my 8125, small keyboard case and wireless mouse to B&N, Starbucks, Panera, etc. and be able to connect to the internet.

Last edited:

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
Logitech K400 works perfect (with above limitations) on the 7022. Touchpad is very precise and responsive and the keyboard makes it very nice to use.