getting paid apps to google tablet

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
i'm thinking of getting the nexus tablet, however i'm wondering if i can download the apps i paid for on my droid maxx to the tablet. when i went to the google play site and signed in, the paid apps were not in the "my apps" section of the site. actually the only apps there were the ones that came with the maxx. there were no others, not free nor paid.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Your apps will follow you to otherl Android devices. That is, providing your new device is compatible with the apps. On some occasions a phone app will not work on a tablet. But if you log your device on to the same Google account as the previous device then just go to Google Play and select the all button under your apps and they should appear.

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
Your apps will follow you to otherl Android devices. That is, providing your new device is compatible with the apps. On some occasions a phone app will not work on a tablet. But if you log your device on to the same Google account as the previous device then just go to Google Play and select the all button under your apps and they should appear.

so then if those apps are not in my account in the google play website (they are not), then,,,,?

that is different from when i go to my apps on my phone, which shows everything under categories "updates". "manual updates", and "up to date"

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
In Play Store when you go to My Apps there is a section for installed and a section for all. Make sure you go to the all section and you are using the same gmail account as before.

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
In Play Store when you go to My Apps there is a section for installed and a section for all. Make sure you go to the all section and you are using the same gmail account as before.

ok,,,,i had to sign in on ALL of my gmail accounts because the apps are in different accounts. then i started seeing the different apps current and past., but not the paid app. when i signed back into the main gmail account, only then was it populated with all the apps....but it wasn't originally.

so now, if i get the nexus7 and i want to install those apps, assuming i can, how will i do it, in particular the paid app?

thx

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just go to the Play Store and search for the app you want. If it is a paid app it should say you already own it. Just install it again. If you want you can go to the all apps listing and then click on the ones you want to install them. You shouldn't have to pay for them again, just download and install like any other app (as long as they are compatible with Jelly Bean and tablets, which not all apps are).