Getting the S7 to work with ADB

stereotada

Nov 30, 2010
Hi Friends

I have had the huawei for quite a while, and only now have i decided it was time to change the default launcher into something a little more appealing.

The problem I have is I can not get the Huawei to connect to the PC properly. Every time I do, it tells me the necessary drivers are not installed, and it cannot recognize the device. I try to reinstall the drivers via device manager, but it tells me that all drivers are up to date,and the computer still doesn't recognize the device.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I had that problem until I kept researching on the forums and found that USB Debugging had to be on.
The folks on this forum know all and see all, I just didn't know where it was. It's out there if you want to know about it!

stereotada

Nov 30, 2010
Hmm. I always keep USB debugging on so I don't think that is the problem. I've tried connecting it on several different computers and they all have the same problem. The computer cannot recognize the huawei as a device.

Ill keep searching the forums though. Thanks for your reply.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You probably need to install the Huawei S7 USB drivers. You dont need them to mount your sd cards on your pc to transfer data but you do need them for ADB.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

stereotada

Nov 30, 2010
You probably need to install the Huawei S7 USB drivers. You dont need them to mount your sd cards on your pc to transfer data but you do need them for ADB.

Yes, this is exactly my problem as I have stated in the op. I have downloaded and tried to install the usb drivers numerous times, with no luck. Every time i try, my computer tells me all the drivers are up to date, but it still doesnt recognize it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Then I would uninstall your S7 and make sure debugging is enabled on it. When you reconnect your S7 you should have the option of pointing your PC to the correct driver to install.

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
A un amigo le pasaba lo mismo, era el cable usb que estaba mal, probo con otro y ahora le funciona
A friend was the same, was the USB cable that was bad, try another and now it works