Gingerbread to my Ideos S7 development

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
Link to Alpha Gingerbread Port for Development Demoing Purposes:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...read-my-ideos-s7-development-2.html#post70365

hi people
this is to say i did try this:

1. Dump your current working boot.img
  2. Unpack it
  3. Uncompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz
  4. ADD the dnsproxy line in init.rc for netd daemon service
    Code:
    service netd /system/bin/netd
    socket netd stream 0660 root system
    socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet <----
  5. Recompress edited ramdisk
  6. Create your new boot.img
on my Ideos s7 as stated on this forum post:xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM-DEV] Honeycomb SDK port to N1 alpha 3 [02/27/2011]

well i got a nice boot loop ;) but i did try lol

the rom i used was the sdk for a nexus one and yes its S7 old kernel on a nexus one rom update.zip file with boot.img replaced (only the /system partition is on the nexus zip) it was a test so no drivers ;) there ....... maybe thats why it boot loop ...

as i have my running /data /app and /cache on the internal "sdcard" i didn't loose them

i find out that clockworkmod recovery usb mount wasnt working so i had to zip store the backup from my pc to /sdcard2 then copy it to /sdcard then do a clockworkmod restore of the /system and s7 was back ;) to live.

i will not give up anyone has any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
When porting recovery, I noticed that adb wouldn't run without the vold service. So you might need to look into that.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
nop no adb running and i found out i got segment faults a lot so something else is terrible wrong or that prelinkmap is to blame
what i read that prelink is just a memory/speed hack and will not prevent a rom from booting even slower but i can be wrong too lol

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
my last try almost got me in big trouble but i manage to get over it
i simple cant get it to boot and tell something it just boot loop.
my internal "sdcard" is behaving like a sdcard i got a lot of fsck000x on my fat a2sd partition and had to fsck the ext2 now you can imagine an internal ruined "sdcard" and no way to get to sdcard2 with recovery
i will destroy this or make it work or die trying lol

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you want to force external SDcard in recovery, flashing the single SDcard recovery should do the trick...

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
tryed cm7 gingerbread and got a android with blinking cursor i will keep doing tests
then i put prelink map there but some libs are missing i have to find a way to boot to something

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
i builded the prelink map but got the same result
it boots to a ANDROID_ and reboot

remove the # on the razor mtd but same result

Last edited:

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
After some sleep, i will flash my S7 with CM7 that i took a mallet to.
I kinda wished they supported more 8x50 chipped phones, would have made the bashing easier.
*fingers crossed*
Knowing my luck though; It'l do something nasty to itself, but its all in the name of science :D (or a slightly more feature full phone)

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
i found out this is a very, very kernel problem lol so i have to get a kernel that boots

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Yea, I might look around for a way to get dumps outta the kernel during boot, see where its spitting the dummy

Sent from my S7

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Might just have to suffice with the kernel dmesg, as i'm not finding a lot on android kernel crash dumps.

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
For general information,
The easiest way we're going to have to build a CM7 for this thing;
is using say, the Desire (HTC Bravo)'s build as it is extremely similar chipset wise,
I'm hoping by the end of the night to have a bootable (perhaps not with many devices working :p),
2.3 install.

Anyone who wants to know more, or wants to join in; jump on the androidtablets IRC.
I'll be on there.