GMail and Browser Crashing on Galaxy 7.7

Moceanman

Oct 31, 2012
Hi to all ! I have just spent over 45 mins searching the forums for any similar issues and can't find a single one. My Gmail and browser crash as soon as I try to reply to an email or similar. It just hangs then crashes, come up with a message saying that "the application has stopped unexpectedly" , then if I hit "report", when it tries to do so then the "Market Feedback Agent" also crashes.

The problem seems to be perhaps related to the on screen keyboard which is failing to open. Indeed I was using it in a 4x4 in the dark on a bumpy (off) road last night doing email and maybe I did inadvertently hit some strange setting who knows !? I have sent all day on optional settings but no joy. Any ideas please ?

Kind Rgds and thanks. Paul

Moceanman

Oct 31, 2012
Dear J515OP and Leeshor, many thanks, internet connection is OK and clearing data an cache on these two apps done but still same crashing problem. The crashing seems clearly linked to the any app using the keyboard, seems when the app needs the kboard, it is trying to open the keyboard but then crashes. I recall that this in fact started after I was using the tab in a bumpy car at night and suspect I may have changed the kboard settings or similar, but I have been through all and seems ok, maybe somehow I corrupted a file ?! Many thanks

Kind Rgd Paul

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Seems odd, but I suppose you could try installing an alternative keyboard, set it as default and see if the problem persists. It could be some sort of corrupted file but it would be one of the stranger things I've heard of.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Moceanman

Oct 31, 2012
Still no joy, I was also think of upgrading to ICS (not that I am really up to that skill level !)but I am sure that at some point it will need keyboard input and will crash before I get there.. Anyone know of any place in the UK I can send / take it to ? Kind Rgds Paul

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So to be clear did you try and install a keyboard as Tom suggested? What was the result of that? Did the keyboard download and install? Did you change to that keyboard in settings? More details would be helpful to see if it is just a keyboard update fix.

JP