Good Free Equalizer app

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I installed an audio equalizer app several days ago and I'm pretty impressed with it. It's the first one that pops up when I do a search in the Market using equalizer as the key word. It has an EQ on it and it's made by Smart Android Apps, LLC. It's free, but they also have a paid version. I'm using the free version. I set it on custom setting and turn all sliders to max and there is a huge difference in volume! It is a lot louder than if I'm not running the app. I don't use Skype, but I was wondering if this might help Skype users with their low volume problem.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Does it have a slider for the microphone or only for speaker outputs?

No, I don't see anything for the microphone on the free version. Not sure about the paid version, but I think it's just for speaker and headphones. There are Bass Booster, Virtualizer and Reverb settings for when you're using headphones.

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
I used that for awhile but it made my music skip.Especially if you try to run equalizer along with bass boost or reverb

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I used that for awhile but it made my music skip.Especially if you try to run equalizer along with bass boost or reverb

I didn't experience that yet, but if I ever do, I will be uninstalling it. It sure does boost my volume for games and youtube vids, etc so I do want to keep it. Maybe a future update will improve it. Thanks for your comment.

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
If it starts to happen there is another free equalizer that pops up in market when you do a search.Using that one with no skipping yet.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
If it starts to happen there is another free equalizer that pops up in market when you do a search.Using that one with no skipping yet.

Thanks! What's the exact name of it, and the name of the dev? I'll give it a try.