Good Morning from Australia

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
Hi

I just decided to join this forum after searching for issues on my new tablet. I'm new to tablets, but have had a few experiences with Android in Samsung Galaxy phones. I come from many years of PC (winOS and Linux) and Mac use. I seem to find that tablets are rather a frustrating lot with this and that inconsistency and problems with WiFi and of course lack of access to the administration which I have come used to in OS's like Linux (Redhat and Ubuntu).

The main reason I'm here is to attempt to find some solutions to my problem, and then eventually be able to assist others in the solutions they seek.

I would say I'm a pragmatist with no 'religious' leanings towards any product, but a reasonably high level of intolerance towards "fan boy evangelism" about this or that product. Why? Well if the company pays you for that then good, its your job, if not then you are just a victim of advertising.

So far my experience in Android is a mixture of "does the job" and "oh my god you really accept that?" ... I'm hoping that changes over time.

Thanks for reading :)

PS and if you have a Bauhn tablet I'd really appreciate any inputs in my problems over there ... even if its just to say "yeah, me too"

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
Oh, and I notice that your site does some scruffy stuff ... got this just now at the top of my page:
'); } else { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); } document.write(''); //-->

ugly

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Pellicle, congratulations on your new Bauhn tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets and glad to hear you're looking forward to helping others when you can. That's what makes the forum work as well as it does. I see you're finding your way around the forum and getting to know the folks in the Bauhn forum in particular, so I'll leave you to enjoy your tablet and the forum. Have fun!