Good News, Everyone -> Official CM10 Coming!

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
For those of you who frequent XDA, this will be old news, but user Pawit has been working on a port of CM10 for the A700 for quite a while. On Oct. 2, he sent his code in for review...And things are looking good for an official CM10 for the Acer A700! Freakin' Sweet!

https://plus.google.com/117962666888...ts/jjWgKnomnve

CyanogenMod
05.10.2012 - public
Skyrocket, Hercules, and A700 - On deck

Patches have now been submitted (and are currently still in review) to enable CM10 nightlies for the Skyrocket, Hercules (Gerrit Code Review) and our latest addition to our ever growing roster, the Acer A700 (Gerrit Code Review).

Nightlies will kick in the day after these are merged, so keep an eye out!

Last edited:

Captain_Crypto

Jun 27, 2012
For those of you who frequent XDA, this will be old news, but user Pawit has been working on a port of CM10 for the A700 for quite a while. On Oct. 2, he sent his code in for review...And things are looking good for an official CM10 for the Acer A700! Freakin' Sweet!

https://plus.google.com/117962666888...ts/jjWgKnomnve

Seriously tempting. I just got the JB OTA so I'll play around with that first before I decide to hack up the tab.

Sent from my HouseOfBionic 247 Droid Bionic using Tapatalk 2.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I've tried to get info on installing, but it's hard to compile anything straight forward. Very recently, it was updated to be able to installed over stock JB, but I'm seeing a few people are bricking on install...So I'd hold off unless you're competent in installing. I'm not competent enough to install and am currently just running a rooted kernel found here: [A700][KERNEL] Insecure boot.img allows full /system RW (Jelly Bean Only) - xda-developers

Only issue I found is that when I installed the kernel my SD lost format and went to RAW state. Had to perform a file recovery, but was able to get all my data back.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I got everything going on my own, but had problems with CM10. I'm now running Vorbeth's IconiaN (which is really great). I'm going to write up a complete how-to this weekend.