good sounding tablet Pipo U1 vs Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II / Fire vs Onda V712

raclimja

Aug 20, 2012
i am in search of a tablet and my priority is to have a good sounding tablet

my initial thoughts was to get a blackberry playbook as it uses a Wolfson WM8994 DAC and has very good sound quality but not being an android OS is a deal breaker for me

then comes the Asus Transformer TF101 which also happens to have a Wolfson DAC but the cpu speed, price and screen size(10.1) is a way too big a compromise for me.

then comes the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 which also uses a Wolfson DAC but not the very best one and i am unsure about this tablet

i then began to visualize what the tablet i want and after some thoughts, i decided to want to have a 7inch screen, Fast Dual Core CPU, 1GB RAM, Good sounding tablet, good price.

then i saw the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II which has all of the above except for the screen resolution(not 1280x800) and a weak battery (only 4000 Li-ion). i almost pick up this tablet as it uses a Wolfson WM8960

but i decided that i want a 7inch tablet that has 1280x800

i also looked at the Nexus 7 but was turned off to it by using the Integrated SOC(tegra 3) for its DAC resulting in mediocre sound quality.

then i saw the Ainol Novo 7 Fire which according to people uses the exact same internals and have better screen and larger battery, i almost pulled the trigger on this one but after some digging, i found out that it uses a different DAC (Realtek ALC5631) and was immediately disappointed about it.

The DAC of Aionol Novo 7 Fire vs Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II (pictures)
xda-developers - View Single Post - Ainol Novo 7 Fire Tablet PC 7" IPS 1280*800 1.5Ghz Flame $163.99 Reviews

Onda V712 and Pipo U1 looks to be a good products but i am unsure about what Audio DAC it is using

i am open to any suggestion so i would like to hear your opinions about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

asimpleson

Sep 27, 2012
Do you know if the Voodoo app (Supercurio) for Wolfson would work on Ainol Aurora 2 tablet?

If yes then it should provide pretty good sound quality. Do post here if you found a proper tablet that also supports Voodoo Plus.