Good tablet for my uses?

elemein

Jul 27, 2013
Currently in the market to buy a new laptop and thought a tablet would also be a good addition to my "tech inventory" so to speak, and a droid tablet would be great if the price is right.

So anyways, what am I looking for in a tablet?

- Google Play Store needs to be there. Obviously.
- Good support for gba4droid or whatever that GBA emulator is called... Cant recall it, used it with a friends tablet. Loved it.
- Good support for nds4droid... Same reason as above.
- A resolution of atleast 1280x800 and IPS display
- Enough power to run some videos (anime mostly) in 720p and light flash games with a flash plugin installed
- Good wifi range
- Good battery
- Isnt extremely large or heavy or thick, etc. etc.
- Decent for some light droid gaming
- 7 inch display size

That's about it. I'm not looking for a lot of power or anything crazy; dont even need Bluetooth really (would be nice though.) Dont need a carrier or anything, a good WiFi unit is more than enough.

I dont want any foreign or no-name tablets or anything like that; I want some good workmanship of course.

So what tablet is good for me?

I was originally looking at the Nexus 7, then I saw that a new one is coming out very soon, and looked at that. It looks very promising, but my needs arent that high; and while the Nexus 7 II is extremely fairly priced; but of course, the lower the price the better.

So, anyone have any good suggestions?

If not, I'll just reach for a Nexus 7 II. That super high resolution looks yummy.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi, elemein.

Welcome to the Forum.

Reach for the best - 2nd gen Nexus 7. The price is right. If your lucky enough to live in the USA, you can pick one up today.

elemein

Jul 27, 2013
Hi, elemein.

Welcome to the Forum.

Reach for the best - 2nd gen Nexus 7. The price is right. If your lucky enough to live in the USA, you can pick one up today.

I'm actually in Canada, so I'll have to wait like the rest of the world :(

But I think I get what you guys are getting at.

elemein

Jul 27, 2013
Alas, fellow countryman, you have my sympathies!

Oh, I see you live in Wasaga! I've always wondered what it is like to live there.. I live in Mississauga, so I get that "suburb-turning-into-a-big-city" feel that is actually... Kinda nice.

Nonetheless, funny question:

Let's say I get the Nexus 7 II (or any Droid tablet with USB OTG for that matter), and I have a USB OTG to USB cable (which... I do), do you guys think I could use it to charge my phone via USB?

Would totally be an awesome perk that probably... isnt possible, but just gotta ask.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Oh, I see you live in Wasaga! I've always wondered what it is like to live there.. I live in Mississauga, so I get that "suburb-turning-into-a-big-city" feel that is actually... Kinda nice.

I know what you mean. Up here at the Beach, we get a "small town-turned-into-a-big-city" vibe on summer weekends when it gets real hot. The place is packed with young people, which is quite a contrast to the nearly-deads that you see the rest of the time.