Google Calendar Icon Keeps Dropping Off the Screen

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Ok, I had a look at this and had the same problems.
My solutions are, as suggested, install a widget from google play to fix the standard widget disappearance. The standard widget doesn't look to be deleteable with root. I have Simple Calendar installed. Google calendar still operates despite the display issues and is the back end for many of the widgets, so a lot of the widgets work with Google calendar and display events etc. Some can display alarms, although if the calendar has an alarm set it should still sound anyway. With mine, I set an alarm event for tomorrow and it has synched to my phone.
For the icon, I have a widget (elixir widgets) for my power switching etc, it can also launch apps so I have a calendar launcher there. Works perfect, sticks fine so far.

Yes the standard stuff should just work, I agree, but there is my solution. ;) :p

Edit:
I did try cutting the google calendar out from the OS and install the updated one from google play, still would not work so I put it back and kept my alternative solution.

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Since this works, I've installed Simple Calendar on the phone too. Removed the built in widgets from view and freed up RAM: ) The phone is on Gingerbread but updated to latest firmware and looks more like ICS, so nice to tie it together more.
Edit:
The Simple Calendar widget has a setting where clicking on open space in the widget opens the calendar, so don't even need a shortcut anywhere.

Tapatalked from my GalaxyW.

Last edited: