Google Calendar's "Other Calendars" not working Eee pad tf201

Fixit

Mar 21, 2012
I have a new asus eee pad transformer prime tf201. I have set it up with my family gmail account to sync onto the pre-installed calendar app. However, this google account also should show other calendars which are shared with the family account (It works fine on my PC).

I have tried using a different calendar app, but still can't get it to show all the calendars associated with this account.

Do I have to register all the accounts to the eee pad? I don't want to do this, as the whole of my google accoutn then becomes accessible to everyone in the family (as there is no password protection once registered on the eee pad).

Any ideas gratefully received. The calendar is such an important part of having a family tablet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Fixit, congratulations on your new Transformer and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Asus Tablets forum for you. There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people in that section and I'm sure they'll help you as much as they can with that calendar problem. Good luck!

Vidiot

Apr 3, 2012
Sorry in advance if my answer is incomplete, but some of your issues may be solved by changing the settings in the Google calendars themselves. Try using the Settings options in the My Calendars dropdown menu in your google calendar to import and share calendars. This is also an ongoing topic on the google help forums, so your answer may be best found there.

I use Jorte calendar as an alternative because it will sync to secondary google accounts, so perhaps that will help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a new asus eee pad transformer prime tf201. I have set it up with my family gmail account to sync onto the pre-installed calendar app. However, this google account also should show other calendars which are shared with the family account (It works fine on my PC).

I have tried using a different calendar app, but still can't get it to show all the calendars associated with this account.

Do I have to register all the accounts to the eee pad? I don't want to do this, as the whole of my google accoutn then becomes accessible to everyone in the family (as there is no password protection once registered on the eee pad).

Any ideas gratefully received. The calendar is such an important part of having a family tablet.

As far as I know the only calendar (only 1) that can sync with the TF is the primary calendar for the account holder. In other words, since you can set the TF up for multiple account logins, (profiles) you may have a problem with syncing to Google.

As an option you might consider a Yahoo or Windows Live calendar as an alternative.