Google Employee Uses DSLR to Show Off the Amazing Display on the Nexus 10

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Manta-Full-Screen-small.jpeg

Until we can get our hands on the Nexus 10, the best we can hope for is screenshots and press pics of the device. Unfortunately, press pics are usually doctored up, and naked "in the wild" shots are usually rejects from Mr. Blurry cam. Luckily, one of Google's employees is a budding photographer, and decided to practice his skills on the new Nexus 10. He wanted to take some shots with his Canon 5D Mk III DSLR camera that would really showcase the amazing quality of the super-hi-res display on the new Nexus 10. The results of his labor are fairly stunning, and only serve to make us drool over this device even more, after he shared them on his Google+ page.

There are four shots. Two of them show a static landscape background image with gorgeous color, and one of them is a closeup. The other two compare the new tablet directly to actual print magazines, and really show off just how clear and bright this new super-display will be on the Samsung made tablet.

Here's a link to all four pics: Images Showing Off The Amazing Image Quality of the Nexus 10 Display

Source: Google+ Romain Guy Nexus 10 Pics

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Definitely beautiful shots and a beautiful screen but dang if I still don't like the overall look of the tablet. Still looks like an iPad, just one with bowed edges ;)

$Manta-Full-Screen-small.jpeg

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The bezel doesn't look like it belongs there. BIG and maybe a little ugly.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The bezel doesn't look like it belongs there. BIG and maybe a little ugly.

Exactly. Maybe it looks better in real life but to me the black bezels are too fat and the slight curve to each edge seems to accentuate that. Instead of looking sleek and mean and techy, it looks like a digital picture frame.

Now this would have been sweet just thinning a little and going with straight edges. Neat image sources focusing on the OS but the simple clean frame used nails it Tablet - The Chromium Projects. Minor changes can make a big difference.

$tablet2.100.png

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The more I see of it the more it appeals to me, but could just be my lust for the incredible specs and low price of this thing. It sure looks like it will blow everything else off the map. I predict that, like the Nexus 7, they will sell millions of these.

Sent from my Sony Tablet P

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Tom, it's called progress. By the end of the year someone else will come out with a tablet that will blow the bezel off the Nexus. ;)