Google Play on MID7033

skazm

May 22, 2012
I tried all the one-clicks, like z4root, superoneclick, unlockroot.com etc - to no avail (cause it's 4.0.3)

I did install Google Play but it closes every time you open it.

Please help. I'm pretty much a noob but I did get cyanogenmod on my motorola mb200 Cliq

skazm

May 22, 2012
The problem may be the ViMicro processor used in the 7033 vs. the Allwinner used in the 7042. Am not sure what other devices are using this processor.

so there's no hope? should I just return it?

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
If you can return and get a 7042 I'd say maybe. I did a search for the ViMicro on this site and found a few hits for other makes. Most were running 2.3 though. There may be others on this site with 7033 and eventually Steev will return or some other Moder will be able to break the code.

Joe88

Apr 27, 2012
resistive screen, the main problem of the 7033
half the ram
the cpu "might" be less powerful (I cant confirm that though)

vromerone

Sep 16, 2012
I am having the same problem, hmm.... Is there a way to install the google play store on my 7033???

Magycmyste

Sep 24, 2012
same problem here. i posted another thread as i'm trying to get help for putting android market onto the tablet, but can't seem to get the google services framework to install. i think that's related to why i can't get anything off of google play either, but i wasn't sure about that.

Mrs.Rogers12

Oct 4, 2012
Let me start off by saying, I did not purchase my 7033 tablet. It was from some kind of reward program from my husbands work. So I didnt really have or set any kind of expectations for it. Lol..But anyways, I dont know if this will help, but I had the same issue with trying to install Google Play on my 7033. And after searching around the web I came across a youtube video for the Slideme Market. Not sure whether or not its true, but it stated that the coby 7033 is not compatible with Google Play. So I installed the Slideme market. Its better than the Getjar that is installed already but it doesnt have EVERYTHING that Google Play has. Basically its good enough for me lol... Now if I do come across a way to get Google Play, I will install it and gladly share how I do it! :)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The only ways to get Google apps on the 7033 or 7035 are to root the tablet and use one or both of the following:

*Using ADB and sending the files from your PC to the tablet.
*Using a file manager that supports root and copying the files from a MicroSD card to the correct locations on the tablet.

That's the rough process. Search the other 7033 and 7035 threads for more information. If however you don't wish to root, Amazon's Appstore works rather well for your tablet. It doesn't have nearly as many apps as the Play Store, but in general the most popular apps can be found there.

hunterangel

Nov 26, 2012
After applying the script which took me a couple of tries before it said successful, you would then have to delete dalvik and data in root explorer type app.Then factory reset the table which formats the drive which then your prayers have been answered.