Google Talk and Problems with Scrolling

Jun 17, 2011
I just purchased my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (loving it) but I'm finding an odd problem with Google Talk. In the conversation window, all of the inbound chat messages with whomever I'm chatting with are piling at the top of the chat conversation window and all of my messages (outbound) are at the bottom. This is not a problem until the conversation goes over 10 to 12 lines total back in forth.

I'm expecting to see a sequential back and both of incoming and outgoing messages but I'm puzzled as to why GTalk is grouping the messages this way. I don't see any setting that could change this but I'm still new to Android. I'd take a screen shot for show and tell but I didn't realize the PITA it is do get it done.

I tried searching this issue but could not find anything on the topic. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
--Eric

howlowck

Jul 27, 2011
I just purchased my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (loving it) but I'm finding an odd problem with Google Talk. In the conversation window, all of the inbound chat messages with whomever I'm chatting with are piling at the top of the chat conversation window and all of my messages (outbound) are at the bottom. This is not a problem until the conversation goes over 10 to 12 lines total back in forth.

I'm expecting to see a sequential back and both of incoming and outgoing messages but I'm puzzled as to why GTalk is grouping the messages this way. I don't see any setting that could change this but I'm still new to Android. I'd take a screen shot for show and tell but I didn't realize the PITA it is do get it done.

I tried searching this issue but could not find anything on the topic. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
--Eric

i have the same problem. and its driving me crazy. how can we fix this?

Jun 17, 2011
I read somewhere else that a potential solution was to set the time and date settings correctly on the tablet. It doesn't auto populate the time and date which may screw up how the texting is organized. Give this a try.

BTW .. I no longer have this problem.

howlowck

Jul 27, 2011
Hey thanks for the reply. At least you gave me the hope that it can be fixed. do you remember how you fixed it? I have double checked my time, it still doesn't work. I dont understand why.

sunilj63

Jul 30, 2011
I purchased wintouch Tablet 8", but I coud not log in to any Massenger services (Skype,Googletalk) properly. I could log into yahoo messenger only. but still I cant make voice chatting, Please someone help me, as I am new in wintouch.. Thanks.. Sunil , Dubai UAE.