Google talk authentication failed

lcabonatalia

Jun 1, 2012
How to solve this problem and I can't find a google talk application in my china android tablet please help me where I can download.....

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm pretty certain Google Talk isn't available in China, or with China firmware even if you aren't in China.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Does Google Talk (not to be confused with Google Voice, Chat, Plus, ...), Google's video chat, exist for mobile devices yet? I think it is only available for Windows PCs, and there is a beta Android app called Vtok (from a 3rd party) that uses the protocol (works on my DroidX, but not available for my tablet).

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Does Google Talk (not to be confused with Google Voice, Chat, Plus, ...), Google's video chat, exist for mobile devices yet? I think it is only available for Windows PCs, and there is a beta Android app called Vtok (from a 3rd party) that uses the protocol (works on my DroidX, but not available for my tablet).

Yes, it is available for Android phones and tablets. Google Talk, with the video option, is simply called "Talk", but availability is limited by country.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Yes, it is available for Android phones and tablets. Google Talk, with the video option, is simply called "Talk", but availability is limited by country.
You are right.
My DroidX has Google Talk v1.3
The Tablet came with Google Talk v4.0.1-228551 (330)

Neither appears to have video chat capability.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
How to solve this problem and I can't find a google talk application in my china android tablet please help me where I can download.....

For most of the Chinese tablets, you will need to root and install GAPPS (Google Apps) or a custom ROM that has Google Apps included. Check the forum for your specific tablet brand to get more information on this.

You are right.
My DroidX has Google Talk v1.3
The Tablet came with Google Talk v4.0.1-228551 (330)

Neither appears to have video chat capability.

I know most of the newer devices by major OEMs (all the tablets by Samsung, Motorola, Acer, Asus, Sony, Lenovo as well as most newer phones in the last 1-2 years) support video chat in the Talk application. The Droid X may not native support it, but I did find this over at DX Forums: Google talk with voice and video. .apk download

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Just an fyi that you would also need a front facing camera for it to be much help.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I have gapps (I think Maps, Navigation, etc. all need it) on my tablet, and it has front and rear facing cameras.
I wonder what I need to do to get that video chat module into my Google Talk.

Could someone who has the video chat option of Google Talk working on their tablet please post the full version number of Google Talk (including build # ) ? Thanks!

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have gapps (I think Maps, Navigation, etc. all need it) on my tablet, and it has front and rear facing cameras.
I wonder what I need to do to get that video chat module into my Google Talk.

I'm pretty certain, unless I'm missing something, that it should be available to you by looking for the video camera next to the contact. They would need to be able to do video for you to see it.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Yes, I see some options in my version for video chat, so I have it. I need to find someone else who has enabled it. I wish they had a test mode to just show the local video.