Google's Android Jelly Bean Statue Melts While Basking it Its Own Glory (and the Sun)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
jelly-bean-statue-partially-melted-and-cordoned-off.png

Apparently, Android Jelly Bean is so incredible it's heat has melted its own statue in front of the Google offices. Well, okay, it was probably the Summer heat and sun that was the actual culprit, but it makes for an amusing story regardless. Yes, the brand new Jelly Bean Android statue that Googlers erected in their front yard, partially melted and its Android head came off. This information was recently conveyed by Google's Dan Morrill via his Google+ account. He also shared that they think someone made off with one of the Jelly Beans. Strange. Here's the full quote from his Google+ post which you can see at the source link below,

Jelly Bean is so ridiculously hot that the JB statue overheated, and his head partially melted and popped off.

And then we think somebody stole one of the jelly beans. People: please don't steal our jelly beans.

Anyway, they've got the poor guy coned off now, for your safety but mostly for mine. But fear not, the designer is already working on a bug fix.

I love the "working on a bug fix" comment. It's good to know they have the some of the top engineers in the world working on the conundrum. :D

Source: Google+ - Dan Morrill

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I was actually wondering how that lawn ornament would hold up to the elements when I saw the first pics. I didn't think about heat but I did think about rain. I can see this thing looking like a sludgey fish bowl after a winter.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
They definitely didn't use the right materials. Instead of thermo-plastic, something like that should have been made of glass and metal. A dome like that would easily exceed the half-point melting temperature of plastics. They didn't have a materials engineer consulted on this one.

TheMostInterestingManInTheWorld_1426.jpg

I guarantee it.