Got tablet off Craigslist list

beastman

May 8, 2011
A coworker got a tablet off Craigslist list. How do you associate a new gmail address with it? Is it simply add your gmail then delete theirs? What will happen to the apps already installed? She is letting me bring it home tonight to try to get it so it can download apps. I don't know what version of Android it has, but am assuming 1.6 since it was only $100

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

cgrimm76

Jul 31, 2011
what I would do is a factory reset should be a option in the settings of the tablet. it would of been the first thing I did when selling one of these do to personal info that could be used.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
A coworker got a tablet off Craigslist list. How do you associate a new gmail address with it? Is it simply add your gmail then delete theirs? What will happen to the apps already installed? She is letting me bring it home tonight to try to get it so it can download apps. I don't know what version of Android it has, but am assuming 1.6 since it was only $100

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

First off, what kind of tablet is it? Look for device info. That will probably give you some other useful info also. Is it a 7" or 10" tablet.

For gmail, you can reset the email account installed (I think). Basically go into the application manager, look and the "all" tab and delete the cache from the google e-mail account. Then, reset it as needed to her email. As far as apps, I don't think they will dissappear. I've bought a few used phones before and that hasn't happened yet.

DO NOT FACTORY RESET until you are absolutely sure that it won't kill the tablet. If the ROM has been changed you can wipe the tablet out completely (makes a $100 paper weight).

Sent from a disparaged guy with a SuperPAD...another happy customer.

Last edited: