GPS and triangulation

chaosdjinn

Sep 17, 2012
My father retired earlier this year and he bought a High Powered metal detector. This thing will search the ground up to ten miles away. Basically it finds something and points you in a direction to what it has located. Then you move the detector and repeat the process. This thing is amazing the suggested test for the machine is to locate the gold and silver in your local bank vault. So what my father needs is a tablet with gps that does not require data or cell signal and a mapping app for marking the locations and trangulation. Has anybody heard of anything or any app that would do this and what would be the best tablet for the gps locations.

Thanks in advance.

D

Dawnstar

First Hello

Welcome to AT

All the tablets and phones i have seen with GPS needs a WI-fi signal to work, and metal detectors are not the same signal as wi-fi

chaosdjinn

Sep 17, 2012
First Hello

Welcome to AT

All the tablets and phones i have seen with GPS needs a WI-fi signal to work, and metal detectors are not the same signal as wi-fi

Thank you for the welcome. I had seen a previous post that a person was looking for a tablet that had a GPS chip in it that did not depend on wifi or cell signal to work. Yes I understand the metal detectors send out a different kind of signal than wifi. So there is not a device out there yet that has a true GPS? What about a mapping software that will help you with triangulation.