GPS issues. Does not seem to work. Android newcomer.

nolij

Mar 16, 2011
hello all, im a newcomer to the android scene and recently got the FlyTouch 2 pad. I ordered off ebay and it came with the leatherish carrying case with built in keyboard, stylus, headphones and gps antenna unit. checking the system it had the 1480 version installed.

I could not get the gps to work. read a few forums and tried various things but still wont work. satellites will not pick up. i then updated it to the 1623 software. gps still does not work. i tried the copilot upload i found at an android forum, i went to th market and downloaded mapdroyd and aura. none seem to work for me. the my location thing sends my location to china. read a forum on disabling something, i forgot what, but it did not fix the problem.

then i came across this
GPS and battery problems - Flytouch 2 & 3 - MID/Tablet PC - Pandawill Forum Powered by our member! - Powered by Discuz!

i hope thats not true.

if you need more info ask, im very new to android. im a pc tech but android newbie. thanks for any help i may get.

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
Hi

This may be a stupid comment, but I assume that you have either gone outside or put the end of the gps antenna outside as it needs to see the sky to work

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Hi,

A friend of mine bought a flytouch II at pandawill. There was a GPS antenna include, but inside the flytouch II there was/is no gps receiver (the antenna input is not connected to anything).
If you have the same, I guess you are out of luck.

nolij

Mar 16, 2011
Yes I seen that one from panwill. Thinking bout open mine to see for myelf. Gmail gps icon hire blinking Android com google maps hire locks but sets gmail location to china. Yes I was outside for hlf Android hour

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

sarulezzz

Jan 25, 2011
Hi, you'd rather try "GPS test" application from market. If it doesn't find any satellites, you most likely don't have GPS.

I also have such a tablet without GPS.

nolij

Mar 16, 2011
thanks for all the help everyone. so if that app doesnt find anything, i should just return it huh? whats the point in paying for something that has gps equipment but doesnt have gps? damn ebay sellers. funny part of it is the guy is listed as a USA seller in WI, im in IL. seems he just ordered it from china cause i received it from china, not WI.

Diskus

Mar 8, 2011
one of my friends sell tablets. He often gets touch with some Chinese sellers who sell tablets in shenzhen. I heard the story about this flytouch 2. The GPS on it couldn't work at all even if almost all the sellers claim it supports the GPS function. So just return it to the ebay seller.