GPS not working

lkreykes

Jan 28, 2012
Hello, new to the site, I have a Lenovo Ideapad A1 and I can't get the GPS to work. Maps was crashing so I uninstalled the update and it can find me just fine, but any navigation app will sit there trying to locate me for ever and never fine me. Is it broken or something? Thanks!

Sent from my A1_07 using Android Tablet Forum

lkreykes

Jan 28, 2012
Hello? Anyone?

Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad A1_07 using Android Tablet Forum

Asl9622

Dec 12, 2011
I think the GPS on this device works better for some and not at all for others. Mine hasn't locked yet but I just bought it this weekend

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Sad to hear that the GPS does not get a lock. Have you tried GPS Fix app? Quick question if I may, is this tablet on line when you are trying for the GPS lock? And if not please put it on line and try again.
I know my Vizio 8 inch would sit and spin if it was not connected, but it still took about 4 min the first time to get a lock. After that it only took about one but it needs a data connection for map updates.
Unless you install a MapApp of some kind.
Just ordered one of these tablets, and for less than 200 I don't expect great things, with the Lenovo name on it though it should all work, HA! Just like the Motorola Triumph HA!.
Any way. Crossing my fingers. This purchase was just for experimentation, as I don't want the kids mucking about on my Toshiba Thrive or iPad2. At over 600.00 each they are too expensive for potential accedents.

Last edited:

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Where are you trying to get a lock on the GPS? I found that there is no way to get the satellite while close to my house. I had to get out into the street to connect. Also the first time I tried to connect it probably took 5 minutes, but after that it seemed to work fine. I don't have a holder for the car, so don't use it all that much but when I do it seems OK. Not as good as a Garmin, but it does work.