gps to 7022 by any means

jrb

Aug 3, 2011
i was wondering if i can use my garmin gps 18 usb receiver,or my garmin map 76 serial port gps somehow on my kyros 7022. or, can i tether my blackberry curve to my 7022 i really miss the gps built in!!!!

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
It works quite well, even though I haven't got the Google Maps Navigation to work, FC every time. May I suggest you put the paid version on your android phone so the server stays on longer than 5 minutes, free version server shuts down, but put the free version on the tablet since the client stays on indefinitately. If anyone knows a trick to get the Google Maps Navigation working, I'd love to know, or a good voice turn by turn nav app.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
It works quite well, even though I haven't got the Google Maps Navigation to work, FC every time. May I suggest you put the paid version on your android phone so the server stays on longer than 5 minutes, free version server shuts down, but put the free version on the tablet since the client stays on indefinitately. If anyone knows a trick to get the Google Maps Navigation working, I'd love to know, or a good voice turn by turn nav app.

I think you need the latest service framework to get it to work. You can get the latest framework from cyangenmod's website.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I think you need the latest service framework to get it to work. You can get the latest framework from cyangenmod's website.

I went to the website, but couldn't find the coby, just a viewsonic G tab. Does it use the same service framework? If you could provide a link that would be awesome.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011

Well I found a newer version of the google services framework, 2.3, but I can't get it to load. Any helpful suggestions? I really want to use Google maps Navigation.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Well I found a newer version of the google services framework, 2.3, but I can't get it to load. Any helpful suggestions? I really want to use Google maps Navigation.

Try these Google services and I also uploaded google navigation that works with these services. Hope it helps.
P.S Uninstall previous Google services before installing these.

Source:http://android.modaco.com/topic/335141-addoncm7-updated-more-google-apps-2011-08-15/

Attachments

• $app.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 402
  • $gapp-maps-5-8-0-signed.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 432
Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Well everything seemed to go OK, but when I hit the navigate, it still force closes

Really when I tested it said waiting for location and didnt get fc. Did you enable wireless location in settings.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Really when I tested it said waiting for location and didnt get fc. Did you enable wireless location in settings.

Yes I have use wireless locations checked under settings> locations and security

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Tell me again everything I should have un-installed before and what all I should install afterwards to try to get to this point

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I wish I had the Google Car Panel like on my Evo, has everything all in one, also wished the voice search worked