Great Case!

isaacgreycat

May 16, 2011
Yesterday I received my 'Black Executive Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet'....sold on eBay for $32 with free priority shipping. I know this case has been mentioned on another thread but I want to spread the word. I love it....but it is not a case that would suit everyone.

The pros are: It is very well made of good materials...has a 3 position kick stand...speakers are covered unless it is in kickstand position...the tablet is held in place by silicone covered 'plastic' thingees that are part of one piece sewn into the liner...all ports and the entire screen are totally unobstructed...and it's very well priced!

The cons are: It does add bulk...the tablet closed in case is 1 inch thick...the other 2 dimensions are not affected. All sides are open and if you want something to hold it closed there is only a sewn in elastic to pull around...but it it stays closed on its own very well, I guess unless you are throwing it around in a backpack or something!

When storing or transporting it I put it in the Case Logic VSL-110 nylon sleeve for 7-10 inch notebooks (Amazon $8.95 with free shipping) where it fits snugly. It's bunches better than that $40 piece of junk from Acer (which I bought when nothing else was available). My biggest complaint with the Acer cover is that the tablet slides out of position all the time so NONE of the cutouts are ever in the correct place!

Anyway, if you can live with the bulk, you will like this case!

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I think I know which case you are talking about ... but links to the actual product make a huge difference when we want to go look and see what you're talking about. The Amazon search for 'Black Executive Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet' came up with thousands of results! Oh, and none of them were for the case you're talking about.

The last review I've seen for the case indicated that one of the clips blocked the door for the SD card access. Can you check for me?

tile00

Jun 17, 2011
i think i have the same case isaac is referring to. here is the link pwalt:

Black Executive Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet + Bonus! | eBay

the top clip does obstruct the SD door a little but for me its no big deal as i don't use it that much. also, the SD door opens backwards towards the frame of the case anyway (if that makes sense) so i doubt it really makes a difference if it wasn't obstructed a little. this blockage would be an issue with any case except for the ones that use that cheap elastic on the corners...which i hate. the back of the case would still be in the way of the door opening.

Last edited: