Greetings! And looking for advice...

Piscador

Jun 20, 2013
Just joined. I'm in the market for a new 7" tablet. Six months ago, I bought a TecLast P76t: big mistake. The battery died a few days ago, and when I popped open the back cover to look at what kind of battery it used I did something to the screen. The display is totally screwed, and probably not economically repairable. That's what you get when you buy a cheap Chinese-made tablet (the cost, BTW, was about USD135).

I used it extensively in the classroom, and I need to buy a replacement as soon as possible. The number one requirement is an HDMI port - I connect it to a classroom digital TV. However, it seems that there aren't many mini-tablets that have HDMI. At present, the best option I've found is the Acer A100, but at over USD300 it seems a trifle pricey. Any advice will be gratefully received.

One limitation i have is that I live in a small city in central Vietnam - there isn't a lot of choice available locally. I don't really want to have to run down to Saigon if I can avoid it.

TIA

Piscador

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Piscador. USD$135.00 is not cheap. My Acer Iconia A110 costs USD$159.00 today. I plug my HDMI cable into my large-screen Sony all the time. But I have a Walmart store down the street. Good luck over there and hope to hear from you again about how you make out.

Cheers.
Ed

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Piscador, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Discussions section for you, so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

john19055

Jul 2, 2013
If you are looking for a decent 7 inch tablet that is priced right is the new Hi sense Zero 7 Pro,It has nice features like the 1.3gig Quad core ,Tegra 3 GPU,1gig of ram,8gigs of memory but has a micro-SD slot for up to 32gigs of extra memory.It has a nice 7 inch HD, IPS 1280x800 resolution.2mp front camera and a 5 mp rear camera with flash and auto focus. Stereo speakersspeakers that has decent sound for the size.It has Bluetooth 3.0 ,GPS,NFC and it has micro USB and mini HDMI and a 3.5mm headphone jack with mic. l have had it for over three months and had no problems with it.It is great for all you get for $150. Games looks real good on this tablet.It comes with jellybean 4.2. I can not tell much difference from the ICS that is on my LG Optimus L9.but IMO this is a better deal then the nexus 7.because of the extra features you get at a lower price.It is well made IMO.