Greetings

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi,

I have just entered the world of android devices thanks to a Christmas present from my loverly wife, she bought me a Chinese built car multi media system (es666 aka dm7022) which includes a removeable android tablet which doubles as the front display for the unit. I got for her a archos g9 80 tablet which also runs android. Being totally new to android & having a few problems I did a web search & found this forum, so far with the help of other forum members I have tackled a few problems including rooting my pad to enable access to system files.

About me, Im self employed & fit aerials & satellite systems for a living, I'm a mod on a big expat site & give advice on satellite / uk tv / slingboxes / home cinema etc there. As I'm on a steep learning curve with android I will probably ask far more questions than I can answer, but if anyone needs advice within my field of knowledge feel free to pm & I'll try to help in a effort to pay back for the help I have received here.

Mark :cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mark,
Congratulations on all the new toys you and your wife got from Santa this year. Sure beats socks and neckties. I wasn't even aware a Chinese built car multi media system was available, I guess I missed that episode of Top Gear. I'm glad the forum has been helpful to you and you've decided to become a member here at Android Tablets. I'm also glad you're willing to help out when you can. That's the way it's supposed to work. Enjoy all your new toys and the forum!
Spider

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks Spider !

I should add that I'm amazed how useful my wifes archos is, she has hardly put it down since she got it (or touched her laptop !)

Mark

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Mark,
It's refreshing to hear how much your wife is enjoying her tablet.:eek: Usually, I'm looking at posts from people who are complaining about their tablet for one reason or another or having problems with it.
Spider

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum Mark! They do say that tablets are the next best thing :) great to see you enjoy yours. cheers

cereal_killer

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2011
Welcome aboard Mark!! I hope you enjoy the site and make some great friends here. Enjoy!!

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks again,

I,ve just got my upgrade from tmobile uk (a galaxy note) & am having fun learning how to make best use of it & using the forum to help me figure out Android quirks that I,m not used to.

Mark

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Wow, another sweet new toy and it's not even Christmas this time. You're living the good life for sure Mark, congratulations again!:cool:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Its like one big happy family here (well almost all happy anyway:) ) I've been here less than a year & couldn't do without it now. I'm no techie & still need to ask dumb questions from time to time, especially since I've just bought a new tab & its totally different from my old one. I've got to relearn how to upgrade it, try out newer, better apps( if I can find ics compatible with my device!) Etc etc. But I like to hear news, help out newcomers with stuff I actually do know now since joining. Hope you get all you want from your tab & this forum.
God! I do go on dometimes....just tell me to shut up!!

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Its like one big happy family here (well almost all happy anyway:) ) I've been here less than a year & couldn't do without it now. I'm no techie & still need to ask dumb questions from time to time,

I couldnt agree more, I'm a techie by nature but all things android are very new to me & everyone here has been very helpful and patient with me, for which I'm very grateful.

Mark

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
$ForumRunner_20120429_121532.png

Hi all

We had a power outage this morning, my brother text me teasing that i had less gadgets to play with !

I didnt want to miss the bbc tech show clik so i come up with this,

Do you think i have a problem ?

Mark