gTab with slingbox and wireless tether?

ryanmac

Apr 19, 2011
Ok I ran a search and found some information, but not enough to help me out, so I apologize if this has been covered before and I missed it. I've been looking at the Gtab mainly to run my slingbox but couldn't find anyone with hands-on experience. Has anyone tried slingbox on it? I know some people had issues with it on android tablets because the app is designed for a phone. Also, I wireless tether my original droid to my laptop and use slingbox all the time and it works fairly well. I realize that out of the box the Gtab will not see the adhoc network from my phone, but once I get that taken care of do you think I will be able to get decent streaming video quality out of it? Thanks in advance for any input.

GRadu

Jun 24, 2011
I run the SlingPlayer on my G-tab with no problems, video quality is very good on a wifi connection. On a weekend wine tasting trip, people were sad to be missing the Women's World Cup match with Japan... I pulled out the G-tab connected to the local wifi and viola! we watched the game.

No issues that I know of with SlingPlayer on the G-tab. I like the implementation of the controls more than the IPhone version of SlingPlayer.