Guidance needed regarding games for the TF700 - loadable from a computer vs. WiFi?

TF700

Oct 6, 2012
Well, I am getting very tired after a few hours (yes... hours!) of trying to figure out a way to download (no WiFi) and install games to the TF700.
I have been trying to browse this site here .... there are so many threads/posts that I can't find exactly what I am looking for. :(

In a nutshell:

1. No WiFi connection here (yet)
2. I want to install a game on the TF
3. The game has to be downloaded to the computer first
4. the game has to be installed to the TF

Is there any way this can be done? If so, how?
Or perhaps redirect me to a proper location on this forum ?:confused:

Thank you ever so much for any response(s).

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, it's me again. :D

Unless you can find a specific game APK, (the same as an EXE in Windows), doing a Google search you're going to have a problem. Just knowing the name of the file is going to be an issue. No name = nothing to search for. You do have an option, or 2. Find a free WiFi hotspot or a friend who has WiFi.

If that is going to be a long term problem you could get a portable WiFi router that would allow the router to connect hard wired and provide you with WiFi out the other end.

TF700

Oct 6, 2012
You saved the day again !! :)

Well, I really have not much choice then.
I am not very good at connecting things, computer-related, and this Android thing is draining me ! :(

I will have someone come in and install a router, no prblem. I won't do it myself because I most often goof anything that invloves hardware of any kind.

While you are here, and have given me some hope for working this TF700, I would like to indulge one last time before retiring (and giving you a break !):

I also have a "smart" phone: Galaxy S2 Lte and this is already permanently connected to the web either via my provider account (Roger in Canada) or via an available WiFi (such as at work).
I have already been able to download and install a couple of apps to that phone .... works great.

My TF700 uses the same email address as my phone (that is what I entered in the tablet when it asked for the gMail address when I started the TF on for the first time).
Now the question:

Once the router is installed and I download an app to the TF, will it not cause some problems because the device will be different?:confused:

EDIT :Note: I have just checked at Google Play and both devices are there!! ??? The phone AND the TF700. God knows how this happened, but they both show there.
I am not sure but maybe it happened when I was at the store where I bought the TF and the salesman wanted to see if the TF was working properly on the web ... he entered a password to log inot the store "guests" ... maybe that is what happened?:confused:

Will there be any "sync" happening or will it just load it to the phone? The tablet ? or both? .... Gosh I am so confused it is sickening.:(

Thanks again for all of your help!

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
After you entered your Google account you must have been on the Internet. It would only have taken a few seconds of being on for the Store to be able to recognize your TF700.

When you do get on-line, anything you installed on the phone will also be available for the TF700, assuming the app is compatible with the tablet. Not all tablet apps work with phones or the other way around.

If you log into your Google account on the WEB and find an app, it will tell you that either some of your devices or all of your devices are compatible with that app..

TF700

Oct 6, 2012
Thanks once more "Super Moderator" ! :)

Yes indeed, I checked at Google Play on the Web and both devices are showing, along with the app's installed on both.
I find that quite amazing that it took but a few seconds (at the store) for recognizing the device(s).

So, if the app's are available for both devices, can one transfer, say, one app from the phone to the TF and vice versa? It says that the app's I am looking at are "compatible for all devices" I have listed there.

Looks like I finally will be able to understand this much better after all of the help I got from you! :)

Cheers!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's not a transfer process. When your TF700 goes on line and you enter the Play Store app it will ID all the available apps that are compatible that had been installed on the phone and allow you to install them on your tablet as well. No transfers required.