[GUIDE] RK29xx based tablet rooting and adding Play Store

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
I have successfully rooted the RK29xx based tablet twice and installed Play Store (once with ICS and then again after upgrading it to JB)

The following is a copy and paste of my thread in xda with regards to the RK2906 based Proscan PLT7035-B.
But the same guide can be followed for RK29XX based tablets with appropriate firmware and drivers from respective manufacturers.

Please remember - neither me nor the forum are liable for any damages to your tablet - do it at your own risk - no one other than you alone is liable for any damages arising from the usage of this guide.

-------------------------------------

Second time I tried rooting was with the [RK29][TOOL] Root RK29 Tab Toolkit since the sdk was already installed.
Very simple and super effective rooting process.

If the above method works for you, then you may disregard the below quote
First time rooting was with help of amjtech thread [Tutorial] Proscan PLT-7035-PL Root and install GAPPS

The first time when I ran in to driver installation issues it was pertaining to permissions.
Found work-arounds elsewhere and also had issues with the installing google playstore.

Hence used the Vending 3.9.16.apk from thread [Share] Google Play 3.10.10 [Updated 14.12.12] to resolve it.

Installing CWM was also a breeze - thanks to the great work of fun_ . It is a simple process if you use the steps from thread [CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3066/RK2918 devices.

Have fun. :)

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
Last edited:

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
A BIG THANK YOU TO Oma7144 from XDA
good.gif

RK2906 Tab Proscan PLT7035-B now joins his list and rocks with Jelly Bean Custom Rom! Click here if you want to try it out.

Am loving it.

Thanks to him the Kernel for the PLT7035-B can be found here

Or click here for direct download of kernel.

Am now looking foward to the stable CM10 version.

WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE OR YOU WILL BRICK IT.
All flashing and modding etc. is entirely your responsibility.

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
Seen many people struggling with the PLT7035-PL model by flashing the wrong kernel. Here is what I have come across on xda. The member crhm has made a stock rom dump of the PLT7035-PL and posted it
I put the plt 7035-pl files on mediafire. I hope it helps. Iam trying to build a recovery file for cwm. I hope to make a little progres there soon.:) I will try and help when I can. I just have to quit thinking webos and maybe it will go faster.:good: Recovery.img Free Online Storage - MediaFire Kernel.img Free Online Storage - MediaFire Boot .img Free Online Storage - MediaFire
Following is a mirror link for PLT7035-PL kernel, recovery and boot images (all files originally posted by crhm in xda) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxky38cnck1m0oq/GXvk4Onc9F
As for the stock 7035-B images - they are on 4shared proscan_plt7035-b - Download - 4shared - Ess Kay :)

Last edited:

viking123

Jul 13, 2014
Hi- I have a RK29SDK tablet. running android 4.0.0 . I want to root it as it hardly works now. I am hoping to bring new life to it. How do I actually do the root.If possible a step by step guide. My tablet will hardly work with wifi anymore so other ways of completing the process would be great.
I would appreciate any help out there.

Many thanks