Haipad M701-R from ChinaOnlineShop24.com purchase review

S87

Oct 10, 2010
I bought my Haipad M701-R from a place called ChinaOnlineShop24.com.

China Online Shop 24 APad M701 (China ePad) - 7 Inch Multi-touch Screen Telechip TCC8902 800Mhz CPU Google Android 2.1 HDMI WiFi Camera Tablet PC MID,Haipad MID 701

I couldn't find anything online about this company so I thought I'd share my experience.

Total cost with shipping Remote & HDMI cable was under $200.

Before I ordered, I used the online customer service link & a rep answered all my questions before I placed the order. The rep suggested I use EMS rather than DHL, so I gave it a try. Never used EMS before so this was a double leap of faith.

Ordered on September 27, right before the "National Holiday." Paid with PayPal. Got order confirmation & PayPal receipts right away.

Got an e-mail on October 1, notifying me that it had shipped & including EMS tracking number.

Info for an EMS tracking number takes a couple of days to show up, so don't worry. I've put a paste of what the journey looks like below.

The package showed up on October 7 by U.S. Express Mail. The package comes securely wrapped -Grey plastic covering wrap, inside cardboard box totally wrapped with packing tape, inside that box, wrapped in bubble wrap is the box for the M701-R.

Inside the box-the M701-R is inside a leather case with stylus, packed with all the accessories.

The PLA could deliver these by airdrop and I think they'd arrive undamaged.

Took me awhile to figure out how it works, but it functions as I expected, so far.

Just one problem that I'll post in this forum-No sound from the HDMI.

Hope this helps anyone who wonders about this company.

Here's what the EMS tracking looks like-

Your item was delivered(UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ZIPCODE) at 2010-10-07 11:51:00
Signed for by:NAME

new-tab03.gif

new-tab04.gif

Timing Site Status   2010-10-04 12:32:00 SHANGHAI Posting   2010-10-04 12:44:00 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center   2010-10-04 18:16:20 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center   2010-10-04 19:22:51 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center   2010-10-06 00:05:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA Arrival at Sorting Center   2010-10-07 07:01:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ZIPCODE
Arrival at Delivery Office   2010-10-07 11:51:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ZIPCODE
Delivery

titoinpr

Oct 13, 2010
Also any US sellers with this product? Im going crazy for 2 weeks trying to find closer seller to save on shipping

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
I Ordered one at ChinaOnlineShop24 too. I paid €21.20 for shipping to Belgium.
I have received the EMS tracking, now awaiting delivery :)

It was one of the few places where the Remote was included, combined with the free leather case.
I ordered the HDMI cable and 16 Gb card

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
I see that pandawill updated there info. A remote control is now also added to the package.

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
I am still waiting for it to arive ...
It is now in customs :( I hope they clear it soon
Sometimes they (customs) work fast, sometimes they don't work at all :)

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks for sharing the experience. How's the device so far? Pros? Cons?

HDMI not putting sound over my TV was the biggest con. Some applications don't work because it's not hooked up to a 3G phone system.

Basically I got it as a portable way to access the Internet, play video, and read books. It does all those just fine for what it costs. If you're looking for all the magical things a Droid phone does, you should get one of those instead.

Also, I didn't want Apple telling me what I could or couldn't do with my own device.

Calbocano

Oct 27, 2010
Hi I had a similar experience as S87. I bought my through Merimobiles.com. They were great to deal with and I also used EMS for shipping. It took about 2 weeks order to receipt of the unit. Every thing was included and the unit works great! I also have a 16GB memory card for it which sticks out a little,but with the case it is covered. My only problem with the unit so far is hot to install a video through the USB. No problem moving the MP4 .264 files to the unit, but if I put it in the camera directory, it is OK, but no title or picture and I can only install one with out running out of memory. Then I put another one on the external memory and it works OK, but to play it you have to use the file manager. also I have not tried to play it through the TV yet, I have a 42" Visio which I bought a year ago. The manual is of very little help and as you get some experience with your unit please post.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Hi I had a similar experience as S87. I bought my through Merimobiles.com. They were great to deal with and I also used EMS for shipping. It took about 2 weeks order to receipt of the unit. Every thing was included and the unit works great! I also have a 16GB memory card for it which sticks out a little,but with the case it is covered. My only problem with the unit so far is hot to install a video through the USB. No problem moving the MP4 .264 files to the unit, but if I put it in the camera directory, it is OK, but no title or picture and I can only install one with out running out of memory. Then I put another one on the external memory and it works OK, but to play it you have to use the file manager. also I have not tried to play it through the TV yet, I have a 42" Visio which I bought a year ago. The manual is of very little help and as you get some experience with your unit please post.

Just let us know what you want to do and we'll be happy to share what we've found out.

If you get no picture, the output settings could be to blame. When I set mine for HDMI output, the screen on the device is blank even if no HDMI cable is connected.

When I plug USB stick in, the video & photo files automatically show up in "Gallery."

I don't think it will read any media that isn't FAT32 formatted, so the video file must be 4GB or less.

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Hi, I got my Haipad from ChinaOnlineShop24 yesterday.

The packaging was very good. It has been opened by customs. Thay have put an invoice in the package, so everything went rather smooth. I had to pay 10,- euro to clear the package.
Everything I ordered extra (16 Gb SD Card, HDMI Cable) was included.

Very pleased with the device. The touchpad is very responsive, better than I expected. Brightness is very good. Sound quality is just good.
The Android Market worked instantly, so did the HDMI output (with sound, tested on a Sony KDL32D3000).

When I have the time I will look into rooting the device and trying the builds that VeNoMouS & Asure made for this device.

Oh yeah, the SD card sticks out, but when it is in the case that was delivered with the device, it's not so bad. Would have been better if it could go in all the way.

myact

Nov 13, 2010
Were your apps installed in English? I heard that for some of the tablets that come from china have apps shown in chinese.