haipad m701r connect to pc

pinay2011

Apr 10, 2011
Hello everyone. Newbie here. Just purchased the Haipad m701r last month. Was being used by my kids mainly for youtube and games. I haven't upgraded the firmware that was in it (there was a vague instruction in the manual). My question is what exactly does the firmware upgrade do? And do I really need it?

My Haipad m701r specs:
model number: MID
firmware version: 2.1-update 1
kernel version: 2.6.29 cbsdada@CBServer#142
build number: MID1.1

Also, was trying to make most of it. Yesterday, attempted to connect my usb flash drive. It says something about "preparing the sd card", then saying something about the "usb removed". Well, for that matter, I have figured out that the usb adapter that came with the haipad was defective. It works then disconnects with a slight move. Will get a replacement though and see how it goes. What I thought weird was the reference to the sd card when I was trying to connect the usb flash drive.

Also, was trying to connect to the computer to transfer files (music and video), but apparently the computer (XP) looks for a driver. I had it look for the driver automatically but hasn't found any. Where do I look for this driver then?

Any help very much appreciated.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
You can find a lot of answers to your questions, and tips to get more out of your tablet, in the Haipad M701/M701-R Owners Group on these forums.

The notification bar will say "preparing the sd card" when you attach a USB flash drive. When you look for the files with your file manager you'll find the USB drive's contents under /scsi/ (yes, it's confusing - it says it's preparing it as a sd card then mounts it to the scsi folder). Furthermore the only easy way to safely unmount it is to shut down and unplug it, otherwise it will complain that it was unexpectedly removed. Personally I just made sure I wasn't actually reading/writing to/from it and just unplug it warnings be damned - but the risk of data loss is always possible. There is also a tweak in the group about getting it to read drives formatted with Windows NTFS file system so you can play large video files.

The firmware you have is (in my opinion) the best Android 2.1 for your tablet. There is also a good Android 2.3.1 release that just came out. Again, you'll find details on it and on flashing roms in the group so I'd urge you to join us!

Last edited: