handwriting on android

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
I remember my old palm days when you could use a stylist or your finger and draw letters etc.

Was wondering if the ACER or any Droid devices can do that yet.

I did find this link.. So it seems its not there yet.

Stylus and Handwriting Recognition Coming to Android Tablets

Hope they get it soon. I had an HP/compaq 10" tablet pc back in the 90s (still have it) that had a pne is could draw on the screen with. Removeable kbd etc. Only flaw was it was windows. :p

Maybe I'll load linux on it... :cool:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
there are several apps that do this, MaplePaint, free note, skitch being some examples. There is also the question though of the type of screen you have and then based on that what type of stylus you can use.

judys

Feb 16, 2012
There is also the question though of the type of screen you have and then based on that what type of stylus you can use.

I've purchased several note taking apps, and they all work poorly on my Acer Iconia Tab A500. Something seems to cause my pen strokes to get "averaged", the lines get sort of shortened, pulled in, so that only the general idea of the letter I'm writing remains.

Could this be stylus related? How do I know what kind of stylus I can use? I bought an Acer stylus with the tablet with a squishy rubbery tip. Is this the problem? I really want to be able to take notes on this thing but don't know how to get it working.

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)