Handy Comparison Chart of New Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire and Acer Iconia A110

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
nexus-7-comparison-chart.png

Our friends over at Phandroid put together a handy little comparison chart for the new Google Nexus 7 from Asus next to the Amazon Kindle Fire and the unreleased Acer Iconia A110 tablet. Besides the fact that the new tab will come with Android 4.1/Jelly Bean and has a quad-core chip, there are some other interesting things worth comparing. As you can see from the chart, the Nexus 7 tablet comes out on top in most things, especially when compared to the Kindle Fire. There are a few features that the Acer Iconia Tab A110 has over the new Google tablet, like a microSD card slot, a bigger camera, and a microHDMI.

As of yet, there is no official price for the Acer tablet, but most of the rumors suggest it will sell for around $249.99. Overall, it seems like Acer had the same idea that Google did after seeing the success of the Amazon Kindle Fire, and that was to attack the tablet market at new and cheaper angle. Google's new tablet will be a great success even if it simply leads by example. It will be interesting to see how far things go from here.

Source: NexusTablets.net via Phandroid

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
We should see an announcement of a new competitive kindle fire soon as well, I think our choices for affordable and powerful tablets will expand quickly. I'm curious how closely tied, or bound, to Google Play the Nexus tablet will be.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
... I'm curious how closely tied, or bound, to Google Play the Nexus tablet will be.

Very - there's another good article here stating that Google is selling the Nexus 7 at cost, they seem to want to replicate the same marketplace as Apple and Amazon have gone for.

This is an exciting product, it raises the bar and will force competitors to change their own pricing and marketing.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It does look like they are closely following Amazons marketing strategy, I believe Amazon actually lost a dollar or so on each Kindle Fire initially, or at least very close to just recovering cost.

kwendland

May 18, 2012
I know certain china tablets aren't so good, but what about the Ainol Aurora 2 thrown in the mix? Looking a comparison sheet with the Aurora and the Nexus 7, it looks like it holds up nicely. Has a bigger battery than the A110 and has an HDMI & micro sd slot unlike the Nexus 7. The major drawback appears to be the lack of Bluetooth. Any thoughts on it?

I actually pre-ordered two of the Nexus 7s but am probably gonna cancel it because of the lack of flash support. Seems like a deal breaker because there are a lot of sites that still use flash.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
If the Aurora II's touch screen is as bad as my newer Aurora I's you might want to rethink that. My Aurora (with the same screen as the Aurora II) is nothing more than a fancy e-reader. I'd opt in for the Nexus or the slightly higher priced Acer.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Responsiveness. It's probably a build quality issue as well, but I can't use one side of my screen. However, I can't use any finger swyping memo programs because the screen doesn't register all the touches. Those same problems follow into game play as well.