Hannspree HANNSPAD 16GB SN10T1 (SURVIVAL GUIDE)

mrmister

Dec 15, 2011
$Hannspree-Hannspad.jpg

Hello,
If you are reading this is because you got this tablet or you are planning to buy it, or if not, another model from this company HANNSPREE.
Well, the first thing that could come to your mind is ... who the hell is Hannspree?
HannStar Display Corporation (Chinese: 瀚宇彩晶) is a Taiwan-based technology company, primarily involved in the research and production of monitors, notebook displays, and televisions.
Founded in June 1998,[SUP][1][/SUP] HannStar produces products under the following brand names:
Hannspree (LCD monitors, netbooks, Laptops, and televisions)
The company has one LCD fabrication facility and one LCM fabrication facility.[SUP][1][/SUP] Through technology transfer from Hitachi and Toshiba, the company acquired TFT LCD manufacturing technology.[SUP][1][/SUP] It became listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in September 2004.[SUP][2]
[/SUP]​

More in Wikipedia:
HannStar Display Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So as you can see they are not a clandestine electronics workshop placed in a cellar. Perhaps is not a famous brand, but they produce electronics massively.

I'll try to reproduce you the first problems you can find with this tablet and how to solve them.

WHY MY TABLET IT'S FREEZING WHEN I START IT FOR FIRST TIME?

Well, this tablet has a problem with the MicroSD cards. Several makers are not very compatible, and that makes the tablet can freeze or even block in the start up process.
An irregular WIFI network also can cause the tablet don't start properly.

This is a minor failure. Here you have how to solve it.

• Please, when you start your tablet, be sure you have your WIFI network operating perfectly and the signal is good in your place. Or... if you don't want WIFI, desconnect your WIFI, but please, when you start your tablet be sure it has a good wifi or not wifi, but not a weak network because it can make the tablet take time to start.​
  • YOUR MICROSD CARD MUST BE FORMATED PROPERLY IN YOUR PC. There are adaptors, in which you can place your MicroSD card into an USB port of your PC, and then, format it from your PC. For example, here you have one: http://www.verbatim-europe.co.uk/en...reader-usb-microsd---microsdhc_29_0_12868.htm
  • THE FORMAT SETTINGS OF YOUR MICROSD CARD MUST BE ALWAYS:
    FAT32 and 4096

If you use other value, it's possible the tablet block during the start up process when a MicroSD card is inserted.
When you start the tablet, please, avoid to shake it... just left it relaxed in your hands to avoid a bad contact with your MicroSD card could make it freeze. Later, you can move it shake it and even dance and jump with your tablet, but during the start up process, please, avoid to move it roughly.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO INTRODUCE THE MICROSD CARD INTO THE TABLET, THE INSTRUCTIONS MANUALS DON'T EXPLAIN IT.

Well if you are scared to harm your tablet, don't worry. Insert the MicroSD card with the metallic contacts looking to your eyes, insert it carefully and press it until you listen the CLICK. Then, you're done.

OKAY, I'VE INSERTED THE MICROSD CARD IN THE TABLET AND THE TABLET IS WORKING... BUT HOW MAY I ACCESS THE MICROSD CARD TO EXPLORE FILES, CREATE FOLDERS, ETC?

Okay remember this.
This tablet has an INTERNAL MEMORY (a card inside) of 16 GB.
Additionally, you can insert a MicroSD card to provide the tablet more memory.

The INTERNAL MEMORY it is called \sdcard
The MICROSD CARD it is called \sdcard2

If you want to go to your MicroSD card and the stuff inside it, remember, you have to look the folder called \sdcard 2
If you want to go to the internal memory of the tablet, remember, you have to look the folder called \sdcard

HOW MAY I EXPLORE THE FILES INSIDE MY TABLET?

The tablet has an Utility called File Explorer, you can see the icon in the desktop. Click over it, and you'll access by default to the internal memory \sdcard
If you want to go to the root directory, press the button up, showing a MicroSD card icon... and you'll be able to move to the root directory where you'll be able to see a lot of directories and the directories \sdcard (internal memory of 16GB) \sdcard2 (your MicroSD card).

THIS TABLET DON'T HAVE ANDROID MARKET, SO WHERE I GET THE APPLICATIONS?

You have another utility in the tablet, called APP CENTER which is copy of the Android Market. Let's talk clearly, is not so good as the Market, and you don't find the same quantity of applications. However, don't worry at all. If you want free applications, there are many many many pages in Internet offering you free applications to download, so what happens if this tablet doesn't have access to the Android Market? anything. What happens is you download the applications in other pages, blogs, forums and you have the same fun.

MAY I INSTALL APPLICATIONS IN THIS TABLET, THAT I'VE DOWNLOADED FROM INTERNET?

YES. JA. DA. SI and I can tell you the same also in Chinesse. Don't worry. As you may know, the applications in the Android operating system has the file extension APK in Windows, an application (a program) is an EXE file. Well, in Android that is called APK.

Installing an applications is so easy as clicking over it. You'll see a window asking you to install it, say yes, a progress bar will move and then you'll have the option to finish or enter directly in the application. When the application it's installed you'll see the icon in the desktop.

DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL THE APPLICATIONS?

Yes and no. There are free applications in which you don't have to pay anything and you can download them for free... and other applications that you will need to pay for them.
Paying is what you should to, because the developers need the money to eat (the same as you or me).
However, in the Android's application world, you can download applications APK (files) that have been "retouched" or "modified" so you can use them for free avoiding to pay for them. There are many pages in which you can find modified applications.
So yes, the same as in the PC world in Android you can find programs that have been modified in such a way you can install them avoiding to pay for them. Google is full of information about this. Did you find an application you like to download, but you cannot because you have to pay for it? Okay, type in google the application name following the words APK DOWNLOAD and you'll see nice surprises.
However, the decent thing to do is to purchase the applications you like :rolleyes:
Please, observe I am not providing information of any kind about pages where you can get these applications, I am just telling a general information about this.

MY TABLET IS NOT REPRODUCING WELL VIDEO FILES... WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Very easy, forget any player and use this one ROCKPLAYER:

Here you have the website of this wonderful video player called RockPlayer.
RockPlayer, fast and almost all formats player!

ROCKPLAYER IS THE VIDEO PLAYER THAT WORKS FINE WITH THIS TABLET.

Forget Mobo, forget the other players. This one, is the one that will reproduce all your video files, even you'll be able to play AVI movie files with AC3 Audio.

Please, beleive me, when I bought the tablet I was 3 days asking in forums how to find a solution. Normally people is very kind, so I got ZERO replies. Because I am not so kind as them (joke) I'm giving you this information, so you won't have to suffer several days.

Remember the player that works with this tablet is ROCKPLAYER.

ALSO! Remember that you must select in the configuration settings of this player, the option SOFTWARE DECODING. Ok? Always allow the software (Rockplayer) to decode the video files.
This amazing player plays even FLV files. It's really amazing.

HOW DO I TRANSFER FILES FROM MY PC TO MY TABLET?

Well, the tablet attach a USB cable, so you can connect it directly to an USB port of your PC... then you will see a window in the tablet asking you to allow the file transfer between the tablet and the PC, you click in that button to accept, and a window will splash in your PC monitor so you will see the tablet as a hard disk and you can put all the stuff you want inside.

HOWEVER! the good thing would be not having to use cables right? ;) and transferring files via WIFI to your tablet.
Okay for that, use this application.

WIFI TRANSFER PRO

This wonderful APK (application) allows you to send files from your PC to the tablet via wireless !!!! you just type some numbers in the URL box of your web browser in your PC and you'll be able to see your tablet as a hard disk, now you can select files to upload to your tablet, and you can do that via wireless, without having to use cables and stuff.

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE INSTRUCTIONS MANUALS, AND IN THE BOX I ONLY SEE THE QUICK START GUIDE. WHERE MAY I GET THEM?

Here:
http://www.hannspree.com/Global/Product/TabletPC/HANNSpad/SN10T1/

Go to the DOWNLOADS sections.

If you want the direct link to the main languages, here you have them.

English
http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Image...Manual/SN10T1/HANNSpad(SN10T1)_UM_EN_v1.0.pdf

Spanish
http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Image...Manual/SN10T1/HANNSpad(SN10T1)_UM_ES_v1.0.pdf

German
http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Image...Manual/SN10T1/HANNSpad(SN10T1)_UM_DE_v1.0.pdf

French
http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Image...Manual/SN10T1/HANNSpad(SN10T1)_UM_FR_v1.0.pdf

Russian
http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Image...Manual/SN10T1/HANNSpad(SN10T1)_UM_RU_v1.0.pdf

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ME TO BUY THIS TABLET?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL IS FINE? DON'T YOU FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT?

Well, some weak points:

1. Don't have webcam. In my case, I don't need a tablet with a webcam and I don't think the actual tablets allow good webcams so for me is fine it doesn't have a webcam.

2. Don't have a support pad. You have to old it in your hands or place it in a table or in your legs, but don't have a base to use it as a digital frame (for example).

Hope this description be enough for you, to clarify all possible doubts.

Thanks

Attachments

• $Hannspree-HANNSpad-SN10T1-16GB.jpg
    $Hannspree-HANNSpad-SN10T1-16GB.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 9,541
Last edited: