Hard Choice on new tablet - Moonse apad e7002

cmolson

Sep 8, 2010
Well I have been reading these forums for a while now (a while being a week or two). I was trying to find a tablet that would match my needs. Basically what I want a tablet for is:

-Browsing the web while on the couch/in bed
-Playing videos/watching TV(this one is tricky because a lot of my stuff is 720p or 1080p)

I currently do this with either my iPhone 4 or Nexus One. What I want with a tablet is a slightly bigger screen.

I have a windows share with all my videos in it, and currently use CIFS manager (some apk i downloaded from another forum) which lets me mount a share as if it were internal to the phone. Then I use rockplayer or any other video app to play my files over wifi. I cannot play any 720p h.264 with my nexus one, but I can watch standard def stuff fine.

After looking at all the reviews, and deciding I was going to buy a tablet now, I decided on the moonse e7002 from merimobiles site.

What do you guys think about my choice? It was either that, or the herotab rk7 or the wits (forget the a81e or something).

I know a lot of tablets are supposed to be coming out soon, but I think for $175 or so you really can't go too wrong. Also, the new dual core chips are only supposed to come out next year, when I would be ready to upgrade anyway.

Thanks for the great forum guys!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The selection with the 720p 1080p is the killer in your scenario. I have the same problem, and unfortunately have learned to live with it. The core issue is the graphics processing vs the OS just is not there with the current chipsets. I would honestly suggest either waiting or sacrificing clarity/quality. The next gen chipsets can perform Avoid the VIA 8505 for any serious video. RockChip or the Samsung adaptations of the ARM chips are closer. You will want a true dual core or multi-core to provide quality 1080p. Part of the reason you can on your Nexus one or iPhone 4 is chipset, but it is also screen size refresh.The larger the screen, the more power needed to refresh that screen real estate.
I am not saying there are not Tablets which can display 720p or even 1080p. You will just be disappointed. The quality of better tablets released around Christmas shopping will be night and day. But I know the bug, Once you have it, it is hard to deny.
I have the A81-E (831). While it is 2.2 (Froyo), It is a continuing work in progress with better firmware every other week. I cannot speak to the others. I got it for the 2.2 and the chipset. I have not been disappointed as to the SD quality, or trans'ing the 720/1080 to compatible formats which keep crispness while sacrificing a bit of end quality. But I cannot complain I grew up on Analog antenna TV which makes me a poor critic.
If you are one of those who would take in Avatar to compare screens, then you will be disappointed. If you want high quality that is really portable with Browsing/YouTube, then these may be acceptable.
I can watch Flash 10.1, SD. modded 720 and be quite happy.

Enough of my rambles and look at the chipspeed, chipset, and OS version then either buy or wait.

Enjoy

cmolson

Sep 8, 2010
It's not that I care about picture quality, it's just that my videos are allready in those formats. What software do you use to trascode with? I have used tversity before but it was hard because my videos are on a linux box.

On a 7" screen sd videos are good enough for me. It would only be for watching while I go to sleep.

Hopefully it will ship soon. I may get a better one once there is a bigger selection. Although as I said before, for 200$ it will be fun to play around with regardless.

Thanks for your input!

skycop51

Sep 9, 2010
This will be acceptable for me. I have a good laptop, I want this when I am about in Bangkok. Want to check my email and play around with this. Going to show this to a few vendors, they right now do not sell these. At least have not seen them and the IPAD cost even more than US, with the VAT added.