Hard Reset Generic Bauhn AT-HK8 (Doesn't Have Physical Volume Up/Down)

TommyAU

Jan 17, 2014
Hi guy's, I've got a very basic problem which I would never have thought would be so hard to figure out. Got given a Bauhn AT-HK8 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to hard reset the damn thing. The only physical buttons on it is the power button and an esc button and a little pin hole style reset button (which only does a simple reset).
I can't reset from within the system OS because it's got a pin lock which the guy can't remember and it doesn't ask for google credentials after a few failed attempts at the code like other devices normally would, otherwise I would get them off the previous owner then enter settings and reset from there.

Anyhow, anyone know how to hard reset this thing?

Thanks to anyone that can help

Last edited:

fliebeltje

Apr 19, 2014
Hi TommyAU,

Have you found the way to reset the tablet ? I'm running into the same problem with a AT-HK97 tablet which also does not have a volume key, and is stuck on the PIN window which it apparently came with straight out of the box...

Thanks,
Danny

WEBDIY

May 14, 2014
This will fix your problem and a few more, There is a problem with memory storage which must be resolved with an update to the OS from Tempo: Index of /fw/at-hk97
Issues remedied are:
- One storage space for more app and easier memory management.
- Recovery mode. (Press and hold Back key and plug in the charger.)
- Battery display fix.

Also once the fix is applied and all 16GB of built-in memory is applied, (which is lots!) you cannot transfer Apps to the optional MicroSD card.

These instructions are included:

NOTE : You MUST back up all your data before performing system update.1. This update is for AT-HK97 Bauhn tablet.2. Download 'update.img' from our FTP server.3. Copy the file to Root folder of an external SD card.** System update can be performed only with an external SD card. Please check the file size and the free space of your SD card.4. Update window will pop up automatically.5. If no window pops up, please turn the device off and on again.6. Select 'Update'.7. If the attempt is successful, the tablet will display 'Installing system update' and a progress bar.8. The update pop-up window may appear again after update until the SD card is unmounted/removed. Select 'Cancel' if the window appears again.******* Check the bulid number after update. The new build numbet contains '20140226'.What's new?- One storage space for more app and easier memory management.- Recovery mode. (Press and hold Back key and plug in the charger.)- Battery display fix.So there you go...

Last edited: