Hard Rest - Custom Rom and Wifi Issues

rocky555

Nov 18, 2011
Hello.
I have a tablet Utopia G10.
After I flash the firmware from the tablet XAUMOD I had the same problem with WiFi and SDcard.
I flash the firmware of this tablet is here (2011.04.06) Download rt-e2a0a_2011-0406.rar for free on uploading.com
PS: I have a full image of the internal tablet SDcard (image size 3,7 GB). It is fullyworking.

virtual can you please reply me how to flash your dawa d9 utopia g10 /.... step by step instruction to flash .... im having same prob please reply please

rocky555

Nov 18, 2011
Hello.
I have a tablet Utopia G10.
After I flash the firmware from the tablet XAUMOD I had the same problem with WiFi and SDcard.
I flash the firmware of this tablet is here (2011.04.06) Download rt-e2a0a_2011-0406.rar for free on uploading.com
PS: I have a full image of the internal tablet SDcard (image size 3,7 GB). It is fullyworking.

virtual can u please explain me how to flash this rom or firmware Download rt-e2a0a_2011-0406.rar for free on uploading.com ....im having same tablet utopia g10 10 inch with standard usb and mini usb slot
me too was having same prob that u have.. tablet load and struck after android text(with curson blinking) i want to flash my tablet to work like before.... please reply me as soon as posible.. please

rocky555

Nov 18, 2011
Hi Guys n Gals!

I recently bought a Dawa D9 (or Utopia G10). 2 Speakers, with screws.

Had a couple of issues with it after messing around with it, and decided to do a hard reset (reset with pin in the bottom). BAD IDEA!

The tablet then got stuck on the "Android" console text that apears on boot.
As i was not expecting it to "brick" with the few things i was doing with it, i had not made a backup of the current rom/system.img

Well, i consider myself pretty crafty when it comes to computers and the like, so i started a "manual-repair" of sorts, and started doing adb stuff to make it work again.
I found out i couldn't do anything in terms of adb shell commands - no ls, mount or the likes. I was lucky though and push and pull still worked. I Could NOT pull a system.img file from the tablet, so i was beginning to think one wasn't there (maybe it got wiped along with everything else, when i did the factory reset. Maybe it was never there, i don't know)

I then proceeded to flash the XAUMOD custom rom with dual speaker support, and was VERY happy when i saw that the tablet finally got past the "ANDROID" text.

At first glance all apeared as it was meant to be. Camera worked, sound worked, touch worked. It all seemed fine and dandy (and to top it off, the tablet felt faster!)

Then the problems started. I could no longer see the internal SDcard originally mounted to /sdcard, that instead showed my external SD (which originally mounted to /extsd) - easy fix though, as it was just a little digging around in the filesystem and uncommenting a couple of lines in vold.fstab.

I then tried turning on WIFI so i could get online (i don't have the 3G version!)
The wifi never started and displayed on screen "Unable to scan for networks"
I googled it and found it a general issue with alot of different phones/tablets.

Well a couple of hours later (i think im on 3rd right now) and im about to give up.
Any ideas about how to fix this? I tried factory reset, removing the wpa_supplicant.conf file and alot of other stuff (like tapping the wifi button repeatedly, turning the tablet of and on again - several times! etc.)

Looking at wpa_supplicant.conf file i saw that it believes the wifi component is called "wlan0" (which i cant find in the /dev/ folder)
Does anyone know what the component is, or even better, could get me a link to the original system.img & system.md5 that comes with the tablet. I already lost the data/setup i had on the tablet, so reflashing wouldn't be a problem.

Please help me if anyone is able, i would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
dkzeb

u said ur tablet was getting stuck on android text ... then for flashing how u copied files in inner sd card ... through MINI USB or standard USB ?????? for me when i connect to my computer its showing E: F:G: drives as removable but
all drives are 0..zero in size... i dint tried through standard usb yet ... im confused please reply

rocky555

Nov 18, 2011
Hi Guys n Gals!

I recently bought a Dawa D9 (or Utopia G10). 2 Speakers, with screws.

Had a couple of issues with it after messing around with it, and decided to do a hard reset (reset with pin in the bottom). BAD IDEA!

The tablet then got stuck on the "Android" console text that apears on boot.
As i was not expecting it to "brick" with the few things i was doing with it, i had not made a backup of the current rom/system.img

Well, i consider myself pretty crafty when it comes to computers and the like, so i started a "manual-repair" of sorts, and started doing adb stuff to make it work again.
I found out i couldn't do anything in terms of adb shell commands - no ls, mount or the likes. I was lucky though and push and pull still worked. I Could NOT pull a system.img file from the tablet, so i was beginning to think one wasn't there (maybe it got wiped along with everything else, when i did the factory reset. Maybe it was never there, i don't know)

I then proceeded to flash the XAUMOD custom rom with dual speaker support, and was VERY happy when i saw that the tablet finally got past the "ANDROID" text.

At first glance all apeared as it was meant to be. Camera worked, sound worked, touch worked. It all seemed fine and dandy (and to top it off, the tablet felt faster!)

Then the problems started. I could no longer see the internal SDcard originally mounted to /sdcard, that instead showed my external SD (which originally mounted to /extsd) - easy fix though, as it was just a little digging around in the filesystem and uncommenting a couple of lines in vold.fstab.

I then tried turning on WIFI so i could get online (i don't have the 3G version!)
The wifi never started and displayed on screen "Unable to scan for networks"
I googled it and found it a general issue with alot of different phones/tablets.

Well a couple of hours later (i think im on 3rd right now) and im about to give up.
Any ideas about how to fix this? I tried factory reset, removing the wpa_supplicant.conf file and alot of other stuff (like tapping the wifi button repeatedly, turning the tablet of and on again - several times! etc.)

Looking at wpa_supplicant.conf file i saw that it believes the wifi component is called "wlan0" (which i cant find in the /dev/ folder)
Does anyone know what the component is, or even better, could get me a link to the original system.img & system.md5 that comes with the tablet. I already lost the data/setup i had on the tablet, so reflashing wouldn't be a problem.

Please help me if anyone is able, i would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
dkzeb

how to peoples flashing that rom's:(( ... im very much confused how to copy that rom files into internal memory when my tablet stucks on android text ... and when i conect to pc its not showing internal memory then how to dump that rom files into internal memory ??????????? should i remove internal memory card practically by removing screws and panel?? or what ... im confused anyone reply please
:((

rocky555

Nov 18, 2011
finally i understood that .. to flash with rom with 9 files ... i need to dissemble my tablet pc and dint understand that ? whether i will find the internal sd card same like external sd card after dissembling my tab?
virtual u was asking if anyone want to see the picture of utopia tab after dissembling ? can u please show me the pic that where and how i can take off my internal sd card ... anyway 1st ill try to go with ur utopia.img method ..