Hardware ID "hwver=11.2.3.1"

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
A new Hardware ID "hwver=11.2.3.1" has been identified along with three (3) update files. The update files are in the familiar InfoTM Update Wrap (*.ius) format containing a IUW header, U0 - u-boot-nand.bin, RD - Ramdisk, LK - Kernel, ADR-USER - Userdata, and ADR-AS - system.img.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]Hardware ID InfoTM update wrap               Firmware Version    U-Boot                                    Size           Notes
"hwver"     (*.ius)                          (FileNum:)          U0 - u-boot-nand.bin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11.2.3.1    7901UC_11.2.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius    11.2.3.1.2.0        2009.08-svn661 (Feb 26 2015 - 08:50:14)    67,235,328       U0 same as mystery 11.2.0.7
11.2.3.1    11.2.3.1.2.0.ius                 11.2.3.1.2.1        2009.08-svn640 (Feb 14 2015 - 00:37:12)    67,608,064       New U0
11.2.3.1    11.2.3.1.2.1.ius                 11.2.0.6.2.0        2009.08-svn661 (Feb 26 2015 - 08:50:14)    67,235,328       FileNum incorrect?[/FONT]
Wrap Information:
Code:
[FONT=Courier New]InfoTM update wrap(*.ius)        FileNum:        U0        UBOOT        RD        LK        ADD_USER    ADD_AS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7901UC_11.2.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius    11.2.3.1.2.0    249 KB    NA        173 KB    2369.5 KB    8.5 KB    63859 KB
11.2.3.1.2.0.ius                 11.2.3.1.2.1    249 KB    NA        173 KB    2369.5 KB    8.5 KB    63223 KB
11.2.3.1.2.1.ius                 11.2.0.6.2.0    249 KB    NA        173 KB    2369.5 KB    8.5 KB    63859 KB[/FONT]
Upon inspection they contain different versions of U0 which may brick a tablet that it is not intended.

Also, the userdata.img is larger than previously seen.

The most concerning discovery is that the system.img is packed in a format different than the other working update files therefore, cannot be inspected any further.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]Chunk size is 8192 bytes in system.img
Spare size calculated to be 256 bytes
Setting chunk size = 8192 in unyaffs.c, line 20
Setting spare size = 256 in unyaffs.c, line 21
Compiling unyaffs ...
unyaffs successfully compiled

Extracting contents of system.img ...

Error: Stackdump file found under /system folder due to incompatibility
       with unyaffs.[/FONT]
Without an understanding the naming conventions for the Hardware ID's and corresponding Firmware Version "FileNum:" assigned by infoTMIC, these files are useless and may potentially brick a tablet if burned.

Any assistance in unpacking the system.img for inspection is appreciated.

To determine an infoTM tablets Hardware ID "hwver" see Step 1 in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html or Alternate Step 1) Terminal Emualtor method to determine "hwver".

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Interesting; could this os have a working flash player? The autorotation feature that lacks the mini tablet express that i have? That would be nice, i'm really curious to install it, however, i'm also afraid to brick my tablet, and right now with the beta4 upgraded it is working fantastic; what would be the worst thing if i tried to install this os? I understand that could brick it and become useless, but let's suppose this happens? Could it be possible to reinstall again the beta4 into the bricking tablet and get it back running like it is at this moment?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting; could this os have a working flash player?
Flash Player is included but unknown if it's implemented correctly and working without being able to unpack the system.img.

Code:
 ProductVer  0.0.0.0 OsVer   HeapSoftLimit   HeapHardLimit   config  http://mobiledl.adobe.com/flashruntime/configs/ 0‚ä0‚Ì     ýmÀyåi^±0
    *†H†÷
 0³1806U/Adobe Flash Configuration Certificate Authority10U
California10    UUS10    *†H†÷
    [email protected]0U
Adobe Systems, Inc.10UFlash Runtimes0
101129221950Z
301124221950Z0³1806U/Adobe Flash Configuration Certificate Authority10U
California10    UUS10    *†H†÷
    [email protected]0U
Adobe Systems, Inc.10UFlash Runtimes
The autorotation feature that lacks the mini tablet express that i have? That would be nice, i'm really curious to install it, however, i'm also afraid to brick my tablet, and right now with the beta4 upgraded it is working fantastic; what would be the worst thing if i tried to install this os?
This firmware seems to be built for the SYNET7LP not the SYTABEX7 therefore, attempting to burn could leave the device unresponsive and there is no known way to revive.

I understand that could brick it and become useless, but let's suppose this happens? Could it be possible to reinstall again the beta4 into the bricking tablet and get it back running like it is at this moment?
No, brick means the device doesn't respond to any attempts to power, reset, burn or show any signs of life.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I see, anyway thanks a lot for the info; so i wont install it on my tablet then

Sent from Sylvania Sytabex7 Tablet

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Seems the more standard method of applying updates used by many other Android devices of putting an update.zip file on an SD card exists in all of the firmwares, however there is no way to initiate this process during boot. While the system.img from this *.ius can't be unpacked, investigating the data revealed the following code:

Code:
boot-recovery recovery
 E:Can't mount %s
 E:Bad path %s
 wa E:Error in %s
(%s)
 I:Boot command: %.*s
 I:Boot status: %.*s
 I:Got arguments from boot message
 E:Bad boot message
"%.20s"

I:Got arguments from %s
 Formatting %s...

-- Wiping data...
 DATA: CACHE: Data wipe complete.
 E:Can't open %s
 W:Can't unlink %s

-- Wiping cache...
 Cache wipe complete.

-- Install from sdcard...
 Installation aborted.

Install from sdcard complete.
 [COLOR=blue]Starting recovery on %s E:Invalid command argument
 Command:  "%s" Data wipe failed.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue] Rebooting...
 Cache wipe failed.
 /tmp/recovery.log send_intent update_package wipe_data wipe_cache CACHE:recovery/command [B]SDCARD:update.zip[/B] Android system recovery <3e>  No  Yes -- delete all user data Confirm wipe of all user data?   THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. CACHE:recovery/intent CACHE:recovery/log E:Can't find %s[/COLOR]
 E:Can't open %s
(%s)
 E:Can't read %s
(%s)
 E:Can't write %s
(%s)
 E:Can't finish %s
(%s)
 I:Set boot command "%s"
 MISC: META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary /tmp/update_binary E:Can't make %s
 E:Can't copy %s
 E:Can't run %s (%s)

set_progress ui_print E:unknown command [%s]
 E:Error in %s
(Status %d)
 Installing update...
 /res/keys E:opening %s: %s
  { %i , 0x%x , { %u E:key length (%d) does not match expected size
  , %u  } , { %u  } }  E:unexpected character between keys
 [COLOR=royalblue]Finding update package...
 I:Update location: %s
 Opening update package...
 I:Update file path: %s[/COLOR]
 E:Failed to load keys
 I:%d key(s) loaded from %s
 Verifying update package...
 I:verify_file returned %d
 E:signature verification failed
 bad  @ g_mtd_device  @ g_package_file    @ g_raw W:format_root_device: bad root name "%s"
 W:format_root_device: can't resolve "%s"
 W:format_root_device: can't unmount "%s"
 W:format_root_device: can't find mtd partition "%s"
 yaffs2 W:format_root_device: can't open "%s"
 W:format_root_device: can't erase "%s"
 W:format_root_device: can't close "%s"
 W:format_root_device: can't handle non-mtd device "%s"
 E:Can't mount %s
(%s)
 E:Can't mount %s (or %s)
(%s)
[COLOR=blue] BOOT: boot /cache userdata /data misc PACKAGE: RECOVERY: SDCARD: /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0 /sdcard vfat SYSTEM: MBM: mbm TMP: /tmp I:Bitmap[/COLOR] %s missing header
 E:Missing bitmap %s
(Code %d)
 icon_installing icon_error indeterminate1 indeterminate2 indeterminate3 indeterminate4 indeterminate5 indeterminate6 progress_empty progress_fill E:failed to open %s (%s)
 E:failed to seek in %s (%s)
 E:failed to read footer from %s (%s)
 I:comment is %d bytes; signature %d bytes from end
 E:signature is too short
 E:malloc for EOCD record failed
 E:failed to read eocd from %s (%s)
 E:signature length doesn't match EOCD marker
 E:EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD
 E:failed to alloc memory for sha1 buffer
 E:failed to read data from %s (%s)
 I:whole-file signature verified
 E:failed to verify whole-file signature
[COLOR=blue] /system/build.prop SYSTEM:build.prop Android system recovery utility reboot system now apply sdcard:update.zip wipe data/factory reset wipe cache partition %s/%s minzip:[/COLOR] Filename too long (%d chatacters)
 minzip: Filename contains invalid character '%03o'
 minzip: Error writing %ld bytes from zip file from %p: %s
 minzip: write overrun?  (%ld bytes instead of %d)
 minzip: Can't read %zu bytes from zip file: %ld
 1.2.3 minzip: Installed zlib is not compatible with linked version (%s)
 minzip: Call to inflateInit2 failed (zerr=%d)
 minzip: inflate read failed (%d vs %ld)
 minzip: zlib inflate call failed (zerr=%d)
 minzip: Process function elected to fail (in inflate) minzip: Size mismatch on inflated file (%ld vs %ld)
 minzip: Unsupported compression type %d for entry '%s'
 minzip: Can't extract entry to memory buffer. minzip: Can't extract entry to file. minzip: Can't extract entry to buffer. minzip: mzExtractRecursive(): zipDir must be a relative path. minzip: mzExtractRecursive(): targetDir must be an absolute path. minzip: Can't allocate %d bytes for zip path
 minzip: Can't assemble target path for "%.*s"
 minzip: Can't create containing directory for "%s": %s
 minzip: Extracted di
Having Recovery and a working update.zip would allow for easier flashing of a custom ROM.

Google is pointing back to xda for insight - Bootloader Cracking : Devs only - Page 37 - xda-developers

Last edited:

pdkimball

Oct 30, 2011
I have 2 of these new tablets and the update works great other than the same netflix issues. It does have flash installed but not 100% working like in netflix as mentioned. DG says new update will be released by end of year with fully functioning flash. My question is, where does the updater store the wrap file prior to install? I would like to try and grab it before install, but it may delete if you don't touch screen to update and just reset to reboot? Also can not seem to get into any recovery unless I haven't found the right combination, except three finger method does work after updating. Update.zip hasn't worked for me yet, but may need to name the files correctly as in past. Have not been able to boot to sd and absolutely no otg support found yet in order to use IUW tool. I am willing to try some things if someone has suggestions as I can still return and have full year on warranty, purchased two so I have one to play with and the other to use. Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I have 2 of these new tablets and the update works great other than the same netflix issues. It does have flash installed but not 100% working like in netflix as mentioned. DG says new update will be released by end of year with fully functioning flash. My question is, where does the updater store the wrap file prior to install?
On previous versions, updates are saved to "/local" as "system.ius".

I would like to try and grab it before install, but it may delete if you don't touch screen to update and just reset to reboot?
Previously I have successfully forced a shut down by pressing the physical "Reset" button at the completion of the download but before the file is expanded and burned and upon turning on the device navigate to that folder and copy the file.

If possible post a copy of the Settings.apk for investigation. It may be the same as Originally Posted by Markatisu.

Also can not seem to get into any recovery unless I haven't found the right combination, except three finger method does work after updating. Update.zip hasn't worked for me yet, but may need to name the files correctly as in past. Have not been able to boot to sd and absolutely no otg support found yet in order to use IUW tool. I am willing to try some things if someone has suggestions as I can still return and have full year on warranty, purchased two so I have one to play with and the other to use. Thanks for any help you can provide! :)
Many of those functions are controlled by the bootloader of which U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" controls those specific hardware functions, thus burning the incorrect U0 image may cause irreparable damage (brick) to the tablet.

Last edited:

pdkimball

Oct 30, 2011
Great, thanks cfrockit! Was able to successfully copy the system.ius so now have the files I was looking for. The links below are to download a few different files you have requested on this thread as well as others. The IUS file is seperate from the others, and each file named after the version has the build.prop, system.apk and DD images in the .zip files. Thanks again and hope these help sort things out for this new hardware version. Let me know if you need anything else. :) I will edit with links for downloads once they are done uploading and update the other thread with them as well so they are easy to find for people wandering through the forum.

IUS for DG2.2.1-7a3.b5 - V2 for update-test.zip - http://www.mediafire.com/?119tw7l2uqne5av
DG2.2.1-7a3.b5.zip- http://www.mediafire.com/?dkcpwf730ld5852
DG2.2.1-7a3.b5 - V2 for update-test.zip - http://www.mediafire.com/?bzlhn2ykaza19pr

Based on these uploads, would anyone be able to tell me if OTG or update.zip or boot from SD is enabled and how to get into it? I have tried multiple combinations with no luck. I don't have alot of experience yet breaking down the files. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Based on these uploads, would anyone be able to tell me if OTG or update.zip or boot from SD is enabled and how to get into it? I have tried multiple combinations with no luck. I don't have alot of experience yet breaking down the files. Thanks! :)
Congratulations from the files provided the new update server is identified in one of the build.prop files.

dg-support2a.com

Therefore, using the information gained from the Settings.apk, the Update Check obtains the Hardware ID "hwver" then queries with the following GET command.

Code:
dg-support2a.com/sysup.php?data=11.2.3.1&vcode=0

This returns the following string which is parsed into the current version "3" before the | (pipe symbol) and then the download url.

Caution: This InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) is specifically for Hardware ID "hwver" 11.2.3.1. Using on another tablet may cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet.

Work In Progress on additional investigation of these files.

Last edited:

pdkimball

Oct 30, 2011
That's great news! Thanks for your help and keep up the great work, I look forward to your findings!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android Tablet Forum

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Registrant: Ezra Hedaya
500 Parker Avenue Deal, New Jersey 07723 United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy)
Domain Name: DG-SUPPORT2A.COM
Created on: 02-Sep-11
Expires on: 02-Sep-13
Last Updated on: 02-Sep-11
Administrative Contact: Hedaya, Ezra
[email protected]
7325319209 Fax -- Technical Contact: Hedaya, Ezra [email protected]
7325319209 Fax --
Domain servers in listed order: NS35.DOMAINCONTROL.COM NS36.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Ezra Hedaya
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ezra-hedaya/0/b55/707

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Manually substituting file names reveals "v1" however ...

Code:
C:\>fc /b P7901UC_131841_v1.ius P7901UC_131841_v2.ius
Comparing files P7901UC_131841_v1.ius and P7901UC_131841_V2.IUS
FC: no differences encountered

Need assistance in understanding the numerical naming convention P7901UC_131841_V2.IUS

Any ideas? Doesn't seem to correspond to anything obvious in build.prop.

Also, the U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image does NOT display a version
U-Boot 2009.08 ( 9ae.. 06 2011 - 10:07:12)
Shanghai InfoTM Microelectronics Co., Ltd.

pdkimball

Oct 30, 2011
I don't notice any major differences between the two tablets running each version? The only thought I had based on the build.props date being the same date just hours apart and the v2 for update test in the version was to test the new update server? I did notice a slight difference in the screen brightness but that's it. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Last edited:

pdkimball

Oct 30, 2011
Not sure where the 131841 is coming from? googled the number itself with a large number of results some talking about the integers and binary properties of the number, others talking about certain linux bugs and fixes concerning compiling? Also searched through many of the tablets files and such with no luck either. The p7901uc and v# both come from the build.prop, but I'm sure you already figured this out and I haven't said anything you don't already know. Will continue to investigate and let you know if I find anything new.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
so? it would work on a sytabex7 mini tablet express?? or in a lp7 model?