hardware mod possible?

buzz86us

Dec 24, 2011
I was wondering if it was possible to make a battery box for one of these. I have so many rechargeable AA batteries lying around (used to need them but now virtually everything has its own battery). I was hoping to find one of these types of tablets that allow usb charge to make it easier with an external but I haven't and I am not sure about making an extended battery out of a battery box for a normal ac connector like what most of these tablets have.

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR TABLET! THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY!

The plug is a difficult one to locate. It is an odd size. The 7" tablets are "open-able" and the battery is double stick taped to the back and has two wires soldered to the main board. It would be easy to cut the wires and have a company like "Batteries Plus" or something like that make you a new one. IF you do this, cut the wires close to the battery pack to give you more wire to reconnect the new battery and have the battery shop add longer wire to the new battery... there is plenty of room for the micro butt connectors (pink). The LP came out with a 1600mah battery (4v) vs the newer EX7-2, BB7 and 7MX 1400mah (4v) so I would ASSUME you can have the battery shop bump your amp hour with no issues.

I would do that before I built some clunky add on battery pack....

OH and these tablets are NOT USB chargable.

Last edited:

buzz86us

Dec 24, 2011
I know it is clunky but I am not really looking for something I am going to use everyday just something I can throw into my backpack just in case I run low on batteries at a crucial moment.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Just remember you are dealing with 4 volts.... not 9v like the other Syl tabs.