Has Anyone Dealt with ebellking.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwill

Dec 19, 2011
I have ordered a budget tablet from this website that I came across: Cheap Android Tablet, Cheap Android Phone, Cheap Car dvd Player. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them as there is no information about them online. The only mention of them online is their eBay store (which is currently empty).

I'm pretty wary, perhaps slightly too late, but I sort of bought it on a whim without considering the retailer. I know that they are based in China, that doesn't bother me so much, but their website and emails are full of typos.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mega8itch

Dec 20, 2011
Hi, I've been googling these quite alot the past few day that's how I've come across yr thread on here,,
I too have bought 2 tablets on a spur of the moment thing for yr 2 daughters for Christmas.
I have tried ringing the uk office phone number ( which is a mobile ) and the phone has been constantly off, every time I wanted to talk to somebody on the online chat they always seemed to be offline, I have been very worried lately thinking I've just been scammed...
BUT this morning I actually got hold of someone on the online LIVE help and they have assured me that it was posted today from Hong Kong,

I have everything crossed right now that my lack of research about this company doesn't put a damper on my Christmas as il be outta pocket but most of all SANTA wouldn't of stuck to his words and il have a very upset 6 and 5 year old.

Pleeeeesse if you have luck let me know so i can try stay positive but like you said lack of info or reviews isn't looking good.

jwill

Dec 19, 2011
Hi :)

I'm glad that you managed to get hold of them in the end. I placed my order on 16th, and received the automated purchase email. I then received a shipment email on the 18th which said I should get the DHL tracking number. I sent them an email as I was concerned that it would not arrive in time for Xmas (although the top of the website does say 3-5 working days), and was told by ebellking that they could not guarantee it but that it had been dispatched. I replied asking for the tracking number but still have had no response as of this morning.

I was going to try again or call them but I didn't want to see like a complete nutter if they were a legit company lol.

Let me know what happens at your end and I'll keep you updated here.

jwill

Dec 19, 2011
Good news! I think. I have just received the DHL tracking number from ebellking and checked it out.

16th: Product ordered
20th: Product shipped from Hong Kong @ 17:45
21st: Product arrived in Germany @ 00:02
21st: Product shipped and arrived in Birmingham @ 02:46
21st: Product shipped and arrived in Edinburgh @ 05:47
21st: Product departed facility @07:18

I'm hoping this means that it is on a van now, ready to be delivered today or perhaps tomorrow at the latest.

djayc2104

Dec 21, 2011
Hi,
I used this company as well for my android tablets and have not yet received mine, hopefully they despatch in bulk. My house was recently burgled and all the christmas pressies I had for my kids were stolen with a number of other items. I bought these because they said on there website they could get these tablets to me before Christmas. I even recieved an email from them saying they could guarentee it. I hope I havent been duped by this company because it will feel like being burgled all over again and I cant go throught that again with my kids.
I just hope beyond hope they arent fake.

jwill

Dec 19, 2011
Hi,
I used this company as well for my android tablets and have not yet received mine, hopefully they despatch in bulk. My house was recently burgled and all the christmas pressies I had for my kids were stolen with a number of other items. I bought these because they said on there website they could get these tablets to me before Christmas. I even recieved an email from them saying they could guarentee it. I hope I havent been duped by this company because it will feel like being burgled all over again and I cant go throught that again with my kids.

I hope for your sake that they are genuine. However, I can confirm that DHL is reporting that as of 10.05 this morning my parcel was apparently out for delivery with courier. I'll let you know if it comes today.

lovejoyuk

Dec 21, 2011
I got mine a couple of days ago, i decided to try before wrapping it up, i am not impressed at all, i had tried one in hmv and i know that was over £100 but compared to this from ebellking it was far superior. The app market seems to be tiny compared to my android htc there is no where near as many apps and games on it, the usb device is crap mine wont pick up the things i try to connect to it. The internet seems to work fine but overall im less than happy and the keyboard thing they recommend wont even connect as it shows you in the pic so another tenner wasted. i left a negative feedback on their site as it was the feedback that swayed me to order but i notice it hasnt appeared on site i hope you all have better luck but i think in this case you get what you pay for

jwill

Dec 19, 2011
I agree that it is definitely not a high spec tablet but to be honest I wasn't expecting that for £70 from China. The only problem I seem to have is that the free cover that came with it smells of petrol/fuel. I don't mean a slight odour from manufacturing but almost as if it was soaked in it. Just opening the wrapping was giving me a headache so I had to throw it away... very strange.

Mega8itch

Dec 20, 2011
Hi,

So sorry to hear that... When I was 15 and lived with my mum she got burgled at Xmas, such a horrible thing ESP when you have kids...
At least we have a bit more faith in recieving our items now..
Hope you can enjoy yr Xmas, :)

Mega8itch

Dec 20, 2011
My tablet arrived just now and everything looks in order :)

Great news... I still have no tracking number but at least I feel better that they are on its way...
Thanks for helping put my mind at rest,
Although it cost me another £200 yesterday in another 2 pressie's Incase they didn't come, couldn't risk my 6 and 7 year old not having a main pressie..
Have a good Xmas :)

jwill

Dec 19, 2011
Great news... I still have no tracking number but at least I feel better that they are on its way...
Thanks for helping put my mind at rest,
Although it cost me another £200 yesterday in another 2 pressie's Incase they didn't come, couldn't risk my 6 and 7 year old not having a main pressie..
Have a good Xmas :)

Well if you choose to keep the second lot, ebellking do let you return the tablets within 7 days I believe. If you send them an email they should be able to provide you with the tracking number.

Glad your kids will get what you planned in the end :) Have a good one :D

bionicboy12

Dec 23, 2011
Hi there, i ordered a tab from Ebellking and just to allay any fears it did arrive, all be it after about 2 weeks from order.(never realised it was coming from Hong Kong!) If any of u guys who have one of these tabs can tell me how to change the settings so that I can get skype, kindle and other apps from the android market it would be really helpful as it seems to be sync'd to china telecom. All said and done its no a bad wee tab for the money, just frustrating at times!! I bought mine for my 10 yr olds xmas as i couldnt afford the I pod touch he wanted. Ive loaded some tunes via the sd card and all seems well!! If i can sort the china telecom thing i would be pretty pleased with my purchase!!

alds

Dec 23, 2011
Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade here, but below is an email that I have just sent to ebellking. I bought the tablet for my daughter who lives in the UK, not knowing that it would be coming from Hong Kong. I would not have objected to that if the damn thing would work as it's supposed to. I just hope that the unit she received was faulty and others that have been ordered by people on this forum work just fine.
Merry Christmas to all!

Dear Sirs,

I am writing regarding the 7" Android 2.3 Tablet 1080P 4GB 1Ghz CPU that I recently ordered from your company (full order details below.) This was ordered as a Christmas present for my daughter in the UK and was delivered four days ago on December 19[SUP]th[/SUP].

Since opening the box and setting up the tablet my daughter has had nothing but trouble. She is not computer illiterate by any means but there are certain aspects of the tablet which simply will not work.

For a start all of the apps on the tablet were in Chinese. Even after changing the language in settings the book reader was still in Chinese. She was told by your service department that if she loaded an English book everything would be okay. Admittedly she can read the English book that she loaded but all of the instructions and settings for the book reader software are still in Chinese.

There is what has to be a fault with the battery. Once it is fully charged and disconnected from the charger the battery level immediately drops to half charged. On checking to see what is using the batter power 73% is mobile standby. There is no reason why “mobile standby” should even be on a tablet! After contacting your service department to find out further information about the battery problem she was merely told that (and I quote) “The tablet has a 1800AMH Battery.”

It also appears that the software in the tablet has been taken from or adapted from the Android software for cell phones, as she keeps receiving messages from the software pertaining to making phone calls. There are also settings for ingoing and outgoing calls. On a tablet? This makes no sense whatsoever.

It will NOT play any Internet Flash product at all, as advertised. Any web page that contains Flash results in an error message stating that “Adobe Flash is needed to play content.” Even though Flash 10.0 is installed it will not play any Internet video and the settings cannot be changed.

I am writing to request, as per the terms of your “Money Back” guarantee detailed on your site, for information to allow me to return this item for a full refund, and to receive instructions on how to proceed in returning the item to you, and the address to send it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.