Has Anyone Dealt with Wanden Direct?

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
Hello

I am looking to get a 7" tablet for my partner (budget around £100 give or take) and would like to buy it from a UK seller as I am in the UK and the obvious reasons if something goes wrong. I already had a bad experience with didobuy, (not the only one,DO NOT TRUST them ). So I wonder how -Wanden Direct- are, all sellers look good before buying but then the after sales and support...well you all know, only have to read the forum.

Also, what will be a good 7" tablet? I had read about the momo and pipo 7" very bad wifi reception so these will be not good ones to get of course.

Thank you guys

KeckAndroid

Jan 8, 2014
Hi,

I realise this is an old thread, but I want to share my experiences with Wanden Direct (http://www.wanden.co.uk Contacts Zak and Sarah).

I bought a Window N101 Mk II tablet from them in november 2012. I was very pleased with it untill it was completly dead in september 2013. On their
instructions I shipped it back to them in the UK. After two weeks I started to ask if they received it and only after sending a mail for the third time
they finally replied after 2 weeks.

I received the repaired tablet back begin October. It worked again and they claimed the motherboard was swapped. The battery indicator
was acting strangly, it never gave the correct percentage and tend to show 70% and after 30 minutes of use it was 80% or higher. The first
self-charging tablet in the world, but ok it worked.

For a month, because in november it was dead again after plugging in the headphone. Returned the tablet again and never heard of Wanden since then.

I have send them countless emails using several of their email-addresses, but no response at all. Calling their phone-number results in ending up with their voicemail.

Their website is still up and running, but I really have my doubts if they are still in business. They even don't reply if I ask them for a leadtime on a new tablet through their website.

In short, be careful with dealing with Wanden Direct / Wanden.co.uk. If anybody is able to let me know if they are still in business I would appreciate it.

Thanks and regards,
K. Eck

Last edited:

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your reply, took long but finally some one did comment. Sorry about your experience, it has however put me off trying to do business with them. Considering how cheap tablets are getting my next one will be a branded one and from a retailer I can trust, no more Chinese tablets and third parties experiences for me.

KeckAndroid

Jan 8, 2014
Hello Luix,

You are welcome. I am glad my message has been picked up (in time).

Again, the initial experience with Wanden.co.uk was fine, but now the trust is gone. Till today, no reply/response to my email and voice-mails and I have been trying since November.

I buy parts from all over the world (also China) and this is the first time a supplier let me down. And yes, in the meantime local prices of tablets are reduced as well which is
for me also a reason to buy this locally.

Good luck in finding your tablet.

Regards,
K. Eck

KeckAndroid

Jan 8, 2014
Hello all,

A month has past and still no sign of life from wanden.co.uk. Their website is still up and running, but none of my phone-calls or emails are replied.

Again, a warning for doing business with Wanden Direct is in place. They do not stock the tablets themselves. On order they will drop-ship it from
Hongkong directly to your address. This means you have to pay import duties and taxes as well.

As stated by Luix, it is better to buy a branded tablet at a local retailer who gives you service and warranty.

I'm now looking for a Windows 8.1 tablet and will buy this here locally in the Netherlands. No more Chinese branded tablets for me, although I realize
all the well-known brands are produced in China.

Regards,
K. Eck

KeckAndroid

Jan 8, 2014
Hi,

Just an update, the domain http://www.wanden.co.uk is for sale, so it sounds like they are definitely out of business.
The registrar for
this domain is Peter Wanden who's function is Managing Director at Wanden Limited. See LinkedIn for more information.

Still strange that the website is still up and running as nothing is wrong.

Just another warning to stay away from Wanden Direct.

Regards,
K. Eck

Last edited:

Neila

Jun 8, 2014
Hi just joined and would like to add my view, bought vido N90 from Wanden in September 2013. Found it slow and it turned itself off frequently, start up can take up to 5 attempts, before it keeps running.Really frustrating and the touch screen is unresponsive, not just me as and old duffer, my daughter complains about it. When I use friends ipads, mine feels like a real plodder. I bought it as a teaching aid for my driving school business, but so slow my pupils find it rather funny and to be honest really embarssing.
Emailed all the addresses at Wandens so many times, left countless phone messages without any contact, so your assumtions about them going out of business must be right, so looks like i am landed with a bit of a pup. Oh well!!

KeckAndroid

Jan 8, 2014
Hello Neila,

Sorry to hear you have similar problems like I have. The only difference is that my defective Window N101 was never returned by Wanden. That they don't respond to emails/phone calls is still the same. The lesson
I have learned is that I buy tablets etc locally. Especially since prices have dropped the last year or so. Nothing is more frustrating then a seller, like Wanden, who doesn't respond if it is a service related issue.

They are only there for a quick sale. Well, you don't need them for this. You can buy directly from China. Their unique selling point of having a service point nearby is useless.

On their "About us" page they have this usp: 4. Provide high quality support and warranty

Yeah, right, they should follow a studie first to learn what this means before making a statement like this.

I hope this is another warning to think again before doing business with Wanden.

Regards,
K. Eck

Neila

Jun 8, 2014
Hi K.eck

Sorry for long time in reply, given up trying just hope others realise before sending any money. Will keep on labouring along and make the best of a bad job.

Cheers Neila

KeckAndroid

Jan 8, 2014
Hello Neila,

Sorry to hear you are another victim of Wanden.

Their flashy/attractive website is still up and running, so I assume they are still in business. Anyway, let this be a warning for future customers.

Regards,
K.Eck