HD Pinball Beta

greencod

Jan 6, 2011
Hello,

We have been working hard on Pinball Deluxe for the last few months and it is almost ready to go. While it plays and looks great, we are doing a beta to get more first impressions and find possible bugs.

The beta for the game requires Android 2.1, a multi-touch screen and 480x600 or better resolution. In fact, it supports up to 600x1024 so it takes full advantage of the tablet screen, so it would be great to get feedback from tablet owners. There are 3 tables and all the traditional pinball fixings.

I've included a scaled down screenshot at the bottom of the post to give you an idea of what the game looks like. If you want more information or screenshots, head over to Pinball Deluxe for Android - Home. To download the apk directly, try http://www.pinballdeluxe.com/storage/Pinball2.apk. We would love to hear about your impressions of the game.

forum_screenshot_smaller.png

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Cool. I have downloaded it and will let you what i think in a day or two.

Thanks!

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Thank you! I have been looking for a decent Pinball sim for my Android tablet - something at least as good at Virtual Pinball, or better yet Future Pinball, is on Windows. I think this is it. Ok, first impressions:

1. Has a very "high quality" look to it
2. the first letter of the options on the left-hand side of the screen are cut off (says "lay," "elp," "xit")
3. camera following the ball is acceptable, but can slow/chop a bit if the ball is really actively changing directions. Would be nice if there was an option to have it zoom out and show the entire table and not use ball following (would especially make this playable on underpowered devices).
4. I see there will be additional tables available in the future, would be even better yet if people had the ability to make additional tables for it.

. . .later this same day:

5. The game has frozen on me a couple times, both times on the first table - which is also the one that can get choppy if the ball is bouncing around too much. The freezing, though, didn't happen when the ball-follow animation was acting up.

Other than that, great job!

(tested on my Haipad M701-R Telechips tablet running Android 2.1)

Last edited:

greencod

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for the feedback, we'll work on the problems you have seen (the missing letter is quite interesting). Our current setup doesn't allow for zooming in-out, but maybe in the future. As for new tables, we hope that we'll have a public editor one day...

Thanks!

Thank you! I have been looking for a decent Pinball sim for my Android tablet - something at least as good at Virtual Pinball, or better yet Future Pinball, is on Windows. I think this is it. Ok, first impressions:

1. Has a very "high quality" look to it
2. the first letter of the options on the left-hand side of the screen are cut off (says "lay," "elp," "xit")
3. camera following the ball is acceptable, but can slow/chop a bit if the ball is really actively changing directions. Would be nice if there was an option to have it zoom out and show the entire table and not use ball following (would especially make this playable on underpowered devices).
4. I see there will be additional tables available in the future, would be even better yet if people had the ability to make additional tables for it.

Other than that, great job!

(tested on my Haipad M701-R Telechips tablet running Android 2.1)

greencod

Jan 6, 2011
Thanks to everyone who downloaded the beta application, your feedback has been really helpful. We did find the problem we were having with some tablets, so you can expect it to be really smooth when it comes out on the 27th.