HDMI cable

das7771

Apr 27, 2011
just a heads up for every one. I have a micro hdmi cable from my droid x and it works perfectly with the iconia. so any standard micro hdmi to hdmi cable should work. the video quality is outstanding.

Last edited:

das7771

Apr 27, 2011
My bad, Yes I meant micro HDMI, but I am assuming what you are trying is a mini usb which is a totally differnet conncetion anyways.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
No I have a mini hdmi for my camera and camcoder. They make hdmi's in 3 sizes. we need a micro for the a500.

das7771

Apr 27, 2011
No I have a mini hdmi for my camera and camcoder. They make hdmi's in 3 sizes. we need a micro for the a500.

Well regardless, I just wanted to put out there that the cable for the droid x works. I bought the cable a while back and never used it becuase the droid x's gpu is not capable of HDMI mirroring where as tegra devices are. So it was great to have this cable lying around and acutally be able to use it. I was expecting the quality to be sub-par but it's just the opposite. Playing need for speed shift on a 90 inch screen is pretty damn sweet IMO. Once we get the software update in june for 1080p output is going to make an already awesome device that much better.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Once we get the software update in june for 1080p output is going to make an already awesome device that much better.

Where did you get the information that we will get a software update in June? That would be great!

cbotd

Apr 29, 2011
Have the same cable can't can't get HDMI out to work. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I have not been able to find documentation on this. I figured without a specific setting it would be automatic, but it hasn't worked yet.

das7771

Apr 27, 2011
Have the same cable can't can't get HDMI out to work. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I have not been able to find documentation on this. I figured without a specific setting it would be automatic, but it hasn't worked yet.

mine was automatic. I just plugged the cable into my tab then into my receivers HDMI port and it automatically started displaying. I am using it on my hi-def projector which is connected to my receiver and it works.. I am actually typing this and viewing it on my projector now. I would try and verify that the cable is good

cbotd

Apr 29, 2011
mine was automatic. I just plugged the cable into my tab then into my receivers HDMI port and it automatically started displaying. I am using it on my hi-def projector which is connected to my receiver and it works.. I am actually typing this and viewing it on my projector now. I would try and verify that the cable is good

Well I got HDMI out to work, but the cable is so sensitive that if it is not held at just the right angle with just the right pressure it won't allow HDMI out to auto connect.

Faulty HDMI on my device? Or is this inherent to the micro HDMI connector in general?

cbotd

Apr 29, 2011
Well I got HDMI out to work, but the cable is so sensitive that if it is not held at just the right angle with just the right pressure it won't allow HDMI out to auto connect.

Faulty HDMI on my device? Or is this inherent to the micro HDMI connector in general?

Well I took the Acer back to BB after further inspecting the connection. The HDMI out of the A500 was so loose that the slightest movement caused the output connection to be lost. Best Buy was extremely accommodating including offering to custom cut an anti-glare screen protector that I had applied myself in order to match the product I was exchanging.

We tested the device's HDMI output and all is well. Well except me having to start over and re-configure a new tablet :mad: