HDMI on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ?

CitriC

Aug 8, 2013
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and yesterday I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1.
So you might think that since it's my first tablet I don't have a lot of experience on it, although I do have a Samsung Galaxy SII, for a year or so. (so I know Android)

My question is how is it possible to connect my tablet to my TV through HDMI ? I believe you need a cable and also an adapter, but I'm not quite sure, so if you'd be so king and explain what I need to buy, plugin, etc... in order to see videos, photos and so forth, on my TV I would appreciate it!!!
BTW, is it expensive ?

Any tips will be appreciated as well ;)

Bruno

CitriC

Aug 8, 2013
For more information about compatibility I bought this tablet:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5110TSAXEF 10,1" Processor Dual-Core 16 Go Android Wifi Argent Titanium

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Only the P5113 models in the USA have HDMI output at the connector. If you have a modern TV you can use Samsung All-Share for WiFI transfer. If the TV has a usb port you could try Chrome Connect, a piece of hardware that plugs into the TV to receive WiFi from the tab and other devices
Spikes

CitriC

Aug 8, 2013
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Only the P5113 models in the USA have HDMI output at the connector. If you have a modern TV you can use Samsung All-Share for WiFI transfer. If the TV has a usb port you could try Chrome Connect, a piece of hardware that plugs into the TV to receive WiFi from the tab and other devices
Spikes

I see :( It's a shame...Seems odd that Samsung makes versions of the same model where they include Top funcionalities and exclude them in other versions.

I can try the wifi, but I'm not 100% sure if my LG TV has that funcionality..I'll have to check.
As for the usb port I know it has, but I don't know anything about Chrome Connect. I tried to find that hardware on Amazon without success. Could you please enlighten me on that ?

Thanks Spikes

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
I see :( It's a shame...Seems odd that Samsung makes versions of the same model where they include Top funcionalities and exclude them in other versions.

I can try the wifi, but I'm not 100% sure if my LG TV has that funcionality..I'll have to check.
As for the usb port I know it has, but I don't know anything about Chrome Connect. I tried to find that hardware on Amazon without success. Could you please enlighten me on that ?

Thanks Spikes
Here is a link to the device:
Google announces Chromecast, a dongle to stream online videos to your TV ? Tech News and Analysis
My bad, it is called chromecast.

Hope it works for you.

Spikes

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and yesterday I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1.
So you might think that since it's my first tablet I don't have a lot of experience on it, although I do have a Samsung Galaxy SII, for a year or so. (so I know Android)

My question is how is it possible to connect my tablet to my TV through HDMI ? I believe you need a cable and also an adapter, but I'm not quite sure, so if you'd be so king and explain what I need to buy, plugin, etc... in order to see videos, photos and so forth, on my TV I would appreciate it!!!
BTW, is it expensive ?

Any tips will be appreciated as well ;)

Bruno

Hi, Bruno.

Welcome to the Forum.

Google recognizes the value of the big screen, and they want to make sure that when the TV is turned on, our mobile devices are not turned off. One way to do that is to make it as easy as possible to transfer content from the small screen to the TV, and that’s the idea behind Google’s Chromecast, a small flash-drive-style device that plugs into a standard HDMI port on any HDTV. A Chromecast device costs just $35 but you might have to wait a while to get your hands on one. Amazon, Best Buy and other retailers are already sold out, with Google’s own Play store indicating fulfillment times of 4 weeks or more!

JohnnyBravo

Jan 24, 2014
Thanx spikes and edap. I tried every app I could find to get my Samsung Smart TV to allow viewing from tab to tv, no luck whatsoever ( even Samsung Link enabled recognition, sheesh ). I await receipt of a Chromecast device to justify my tv purchase.