HDMI output is not full-screen on TV

lesterF

Mar 9, 2012
I have the Honeycomb update, and noticed that when I plug my tablet into my 1080p TV using the HDMI output, the image of the tablet's screen does not fill the screen of my TV (see attached). Instead, it's smaller and there is a substantial black border around it. My TV will allow me to re-size/zoom the screen, but only when the signal is below 1080i. So, it seems like the signal from the VTAB is 1080i/p. Does any one else have the same issue?
Thanks!

Attachments

• $HDMI.jpg
    $HDMI.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,890

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
I think the problem is the Vizio is 4x3 format and the TV is 16x9. Mine has the same issue. Don't know that there will be a solution.

Brad

sorcerer1055

Dec 13, 2011
not sure why, but i had the same problem. the solution seems to be: turn on the tv, switch to the correct input, plug the hdmi cord into the vtab, then turn on the tab last. stumbled across this over the weekend and it seems to work consistently. go figure... :rolleyes:

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
Cool...

Did you need to turn on the VTAB from a cold start or just turn it on while it's already booted?

Brad

lesterF

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I hooked up my camera (which has HDMI output) and it displayed full-screen with no problems. Seems like something's up with my Vtab.